Microlags in videogames

Hey!
I'll try to make this easy to get trough.
My problem:
about 0,5 sec freezes in basically every game.
In Fortnite, it happens in about every 10-45 seconds.
In Battlefield 3 the same thing happens every 1-3 minutes, so it's far more playable.
Otherwise these games run at the minimum of 65+ fps.
My specs:
Windows 10 pro 64 bit
ASRock H81M-VG4 R2.0
Intel Core i5 4460
TOSHIBA DT01ACA100
GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Kingston 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (KVR13N9S8/4)*
CoolerMaster RS-600-ACAB-M4
+(just for being detailed)
Focusrite scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface (no realtek drivers installed)
two 1920x1080 monitors,
usb at-2500 microphone
akai mpk mini always plugged in
I know, this is not a high-end gaming pc, but I'm trying to fine-tune until I'll have the money to upgrade.
Things I have tried:
-Changing out my graphics card to a gtx 1050
-Changing my ram to another ddr3 4gb (I'm planning to upgrade to 16, but my brother actually plays fortnite with this ram, gxt1050 and an fx4100 with no hiccups at all. No stutter, and constant ~120 fps, so the ram should be fine for this.)
-Reinstalling windows
-Defragmenting and chkdsk my HDD
-Disabling windows game dvr
-Disabling all nvidia services in services.msc
-Yes, all drivers are up to date.
-Temperatures are all okay. gpu~55C, cpu ~60C, HDD ~38-40C
Things I will try tomorrow:
Installing the game to a brand new HDD
Example Video:
(I'm rendering the video right now, I will update the thread when it uploads)

Install the extra 4GB to a total of 8GB and report back. Out of your specs, it's the only thing that stands out as the issue. Changing to the 1050 will help but I would do the memory first.

Also, what is your graphics settings for Fortnite? Your brother may be using a lower setting which is why 4GB could be working but I would not have 4GB on any computer today anyways.

Since you have two monitors, run 'performance' in task manager on one while playing game in the other. Watch for the '100%' bottleneck. Usual cause is having to access slower 'memory' on a storage drive. Solution above (more RAM) is probably best first step. You might be able to match your current RAM with used from eBay - much cheaper. Deal with established vendor with many positive transactions and read terms carefully. Be sure to only buy RAM which is on the QVL for your motherboard.

Install the extra 4GB to a total of 8GB and report back. Out of your specs, it's the only thing that stands out as the issue. Changing to the 1050 will help but I would do the memory first.

Also, what is your graphics settings for Fortnite? Your brother may be using a lower setting which is why 4GB could be working but I would not have 4GB on any computer today anyways.
Hey, so I just tried what you suggested. Well, I came across a new problem. My B ram slot can not recognize anything. It's just simply not working now for some reason. I tried to clear cmos and tried it with another ram and nothing.
Crucial is useful in finding compatible RAM---

http://www.crucial.com/

What did you use to make the video with ?
Hey, I recorded it with geforce experience at low settings since it does not affect performance that much.

Thanks for your replies!

Since you have two monitors, run 'performance' in task manager on one while playing game in the other. Watch for the '100%' bottleneck. Usual cause is having to access slower 'memory' on a storage drive. Solution above (more RAM) is probably best first step. You might be able to match your current RAM with used from eBay - much cheaper. Deal with established vendor with many positive transactions and read terms carefully. Be sure to only buy RAM which is on the QVL for your motherboard.
Crucial is 100% dependable from personal experience.
You can use it to find what you need & perhaps buy it somewhere else cheaper.
Shop around. :)

Double check to see if your memory is listed:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H81M-VG4 R2.0/#Memory
Hey, Yes my RAM is listed. It’s KHX1333C9D3B1/4G

Also, I tried a brand new wd blue HDD and the problem is still there. I’m starting to think the problem is with the amount of ram I have + the motherboard.
RAM slot B: Inspect slot under strong light and magnification - I had a small wire clipping do that.
Hey, I checked my B slot and yes, there is something that may be the problem. On the two sides of the ram slot there are those cells with one metal pin in each one of them. One of the pins are dislocated a little bit. I tried moving it back to the right spot but it seems like it’s bent. I don’t know what caused it. A couple months ago suddently one of my rams wasn’t working and the whole time I tought that ram was faulty.

The problem still exists, but right now I can’t buy a new motherboard and a set of ram. I will try to get my motherboard fixed, and then try 8 gigs of ram. I’ll report back as soon as I can.

Hey, I checked my B slot and yes, there is something that may be the problem. On the two sides of the ram slot there are those cells with one metal pin in each one of them. One of the pins are dislocated a little bit.
Now all you need is a crafty tinkerer. Good luck.

Back