Microsoft Outlook problem

Dear All,

My outlook 2007 was working fine but from last 1 month I m not able to receive e-mail in outlook but able to send it thru. have already checked the settings but still cant resolve. so pls give me helpful suggestions.

awainting for your response.
you can also e-mail the suggestions.
[email address deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just been posting about a similar issue. How about trying what worked for me? Remove your account within Outlook and add it again with the same information. Microsoft have made changes to their servers and Outlook apparently won't make the jump unless you take control.

I've just been posting about a similar issue. How about trying what worked for me? Remove your account within Outlook and add it again with the same information. Microsoft have made changes to their servers and Outlook apparently won't make the jump unless you take control.
By trying this, might e-mails will be deleted.

No. It takes a little while to build things back up but everything was retained in my case. I did the same thing with my Windows 10 laptop that had also stopped sending and receiving via Outlook 2010. The second time I knew what I was doing and it was all sorted in about 5 mins.

No. It takes a little while to build things back up but everything was retained in my case. I did the same thing with my Windows 10 laptop that had also stopped sending and receiving via Outlook 2010. The second time I knew what I was doing and it was all sorted in about 5 mins.
while receiving e- mail it shows error - ( 0x80042108) outlook cannot connect to your incoming (pop3) e-mail server.. now suggest accordingly. thanks

Outlook 2010 in my case is sending and receiving from a Microsoft Hotmail account which doesn't use POP3. I used to have an email address which used POP3 and it was more complicated to set up. I'm an ordinary computer user and I did have trouble setting up POP3 but my internet provider told me what to do over the phone. Information that had to be entered in my case was POP3.blueyonder.co.uk and SMTP.blueyonder.co.uk . There was also a password. Apart from pointing you in the right direction I can't assist in setting up your POP3 account. It certainly looks like this is what you need to put right. Your account isn't correctly set up to reach the server.

thanks for your views.

You can have multiple email addresses. Gmail and Hotmail are two popular free alternatives to the email address allocated by your internet provider. You can in this way keep your Gmail or Hotmail address whenever you change your internet provider. In Outlook you can Add, Delete or make changes to your existing email accounts. If you didn't know this you could maybe open a new account. I made little use of my Pop3 account after I had set up my Hotmail one. Pop3 emails are stored on your computer rather than a remote server so, if you are using Pop3 and have a lot of emails, changing your internet provider or computer can be a worry. The steps I took to hook up to the new Microsoft servers made no difference to my available emails using what is called an IMAP protocol. The emails I'd been missing just uploaded to my mail box from the Microsoft server. With Pop3 it might be different.

Best of luck with a solution.

Back