Microsoft's "I am a PC ads"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i have seen a few of these on TV. I actually like them. its shows that a PC own Mac to combat the Mac vs. PC commericlas. They show how a PC is very individual and can do anything while the Mac commercials just talk about music, pictures, and movies. They have also added the "PC character" fromt he mac vs. pc commercials into the I am a PC commercials which i found to be funny. I bet Mac users have been flaming those commecials since they broadcasted.

Realistically I'm pretty sure that the "PC" character is supposed to be a charicature of Bill Gates, so it's difficult to imagine either line of ad continuing without him.

I've said this before, almost against my own will, but it really is time M$ answered the "I'm a Mac" BS.

I have a question that I would really like answered, that is if anyone would like to.
Why does it seem as if it is solely Microsoft's responsibility to combat Apple/Mac in the Mac VS PC war? System Builders such as Dell and Hp have a lot at stake, but yet they are MIA. Where are their campaigns?

Some Wild Guesses

(1) M$ is the patent(s) and copyright holder on the OS. It doesn't seem the place of a hardware manufacturer to take up the cudgels on their behalf.

(2) They believe that M$ should pick up the tab for the campaign?
If Microsoft hasn't been fair enough with the PC makers in the past regarding the price of their OSes, they could be unwilling to invest their money in rebuttal of Apple's ads.

(3)They have their own issues with M$, such as discontinuing XP.

(4) M$ has bullied them in the past, and this is revenge?

(5) Last but not least, the PC manufacturers have (IMHO) more to gain than lose by having MS fall from absolute dominance of the OS market. As it stands now they have no leverage whatsoever.

These are only suppositions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back