Might get locked, but I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the only place I could find that might actually have people that know whats going on. I'm not sure what the deal is, but it is a few problems. I have to re-install XP on my system quite a bit :mad: because my sister is an ***** that downloads anything you can click.

Now, after this last time, I finished re-downloading all our past utilities like media players and such, but now certain autorun features won't kick in, and memory scanners like Artmoney and Tsearch only return results from the 00000000 to 01000000 range. Now, THAT'S the part that bothers me. Even if I am using memory scanners for something else and deliberately isolate the 20000000 and up range, it returns no results.

Memory block from malware or something? Or am I just stupid, and doing something wrong? :mad: :mad: :mad:

scan (normal, safemode, online..), update (windows, drivers, programs).. the usual first, then see what happens.. tried reinstalling them right? also might want to give your active processes a quick look through (use process explorer or something) and registry cleaner of sorts...

why dont you set up user accounts with limited/restricted for your sis (like i do :D) and lock the main admin/power user accounts with some passwords...

although be prepared to bear the nags of "this such and such is not working!!!!" in which you explain again for the x-amount of times not to download and run such etc...

Yeah

I took the liberty of doing all that when I first booted it again (except the limited accounts. I just recently took care of that) and after I did all that, the scanners stopped working. I can honestly say that I feel retarded right now. It worked, then poof....it didn't. I tried to take every available precaution.

how bout the scaning in safe mode under the real admin account?? that should eleminate most of the possible problems (account limits, bg processes, etc..)

Scanning

Should I just do another normal scan, or are there any good specialty programs I should try, because I've scanned quite a few times now, but still no results from the memory scanners. It seems to have fixed the autorun problems, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back