Minidump analysis help, please

Seemingly for no apparent reason my PC shuts down. I have several Minidumps but do not have ability to read them or analize (5 attached). Please let me know your thoughts.

I have tried to update drivers and made sure antivirus up to date. Something is going out but I can't tell what.

Thank you for any help/advice.

Attachments

• Mini082910-01.zip
    130 KB · Views: 5
The cause is undetermined. I have been opening a file and I have been saving a file and it's happened. I am on a small Domain LAN and the drive one time was on the network that I was trying to open a file. I have a few LaCie USB 1TB drives on the effected PC that I have been trying to save to from other PC's on the network that have caused it to crash as well.

Thanks,

According to the dumps, these five reports are from a machine running xp sp3.
There are two errors...

0x8e - involving symsnap

I once had the same issue. It involved Norton Ghost. (You can find the thread here also).
After complete removal, the issue ceased. Please follow carefully Norton's / Symantec's instruction for removal.
If you need Ghost, this may not be an acceptable work-around for you.
The issue, however, concerns symantec's drivers.

and
0x40000080 involving e1e5132.sys
This thread may be instructive / enlightening. ;)
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic98794.html

HTH

Thank you for your help.

This system had Norton Ghost on is a few years ago but I didn't care for it and removed it. When I look at Add Remove Programs it's not on the list. I did recently add Symantec Backup Exec and I have used Symantec Endpoint Protection for five plus years. I suspect Symantec BU Exec is behind this issue.

As for your other suggestion I'm not sure I get it. I read the thread and gather from it you're saying maybe the video driver needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled. The system I have is (Made locally by a small Computer builder):
Pemtium D 840 Dual-Core Socket LGA775 3.2 GHz 800 MHZ FSB 2MB L2 Cache
Intel D955XBKLKR Pentium 4 &D Soc Extreme Series Motherboard
WD 74GB Raptor 10,000 RPM SATA HD
4- 1024MB DDR2 PC4200 533MHZ MEMORY
MSI ATI X300-SE/TD PCI Express Video Card w/128MB DDR

I do d alot of Large file play with Photoshop so I also have 5 USB 1TB LACie drives for image storage and BU.

On the first one
If Symantec BU Exec uses the same drivers you may be right.

On the second
The other thread was specifically concerned with a Dell system, and so may or may not be precisely relevant.
Where it is relevant is the BSOD relating to 0x40000080 involving e1e5132.sys.

You will note that this driver relates to your network card - in your case "on board".
You will notice that this was a troublesome issue to resolve.
Your network card driver would by part of the drivers set produced for your MoBo, which would also include the video drivers etc.

Can you identify if it relates to a "standby" or "hibernate" mode?
Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. You will need to look at dates and times that correspond to your BSOD events. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc (exactly as spelled) from the Run box (which can be found in your start menu).

You will note also that the latest network drivers from Intel may resolve your issue. OR there may be an updated set for your MoBo.
On the other hand, for one person at least, there was the need to uninstall their security software, then reinstall chipset drivers before reinstalling their TrendMicro AV. Before doing that ("going naked"), I would make sure that I had all necessary installers, and that I was not connected to the internet. I also would do a full system scan with my AV, and with MBAM before doing it.

BTW... if you find malware, you will need to start a new thread in that forum.
I am not qualified to help you remove virus / malware / spyware.

++++
Followup...
Since you did not say otherwise, am I correct in reading your system as running XP SP3?
Raybay had a good pointer... full system information is very helpful for us. Thanks for responding with your hardware.
Let us know what other software is running (AV, Firewall, other security software.... anything else?) at the time you experience the BSOD.
Any more bsod since the last ones you posted?

Back