Minidump, EventID 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiroboy69

Hello all,
I am IT for a small company and I just had a server reboot itself in the early morning hours.

There are two files in the minidump directory, one for 10-08 on one for today, 07-09.

Is there anyone here who I can send these files to that knows how to read their contents?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps; but f you only have two that is okay. Notice the Manage Attachment button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually. In fact, since you only have two just attach as is.

Have debugged your dumps and they both cited the IASTOR.SYS as the issue. This is associated with a raid controller. Are you using a Dell Server by the way?

Here is some info from Intel

Also, here is some info from Dell

It may pay to actually update the RAID controller driver if you have one in the server. Or repair the file if it is corrupt.

Post back with more info so we can work out the best path to go down :)

Server

The server is manufactured by Supermicro (motherboard model X7DVL), running Server 2003 Standard Edition, SP2. It does have hardware raid mirroring established. I think the raid controller is an intel... There is a program called 'Intel Matrix Storage Console' that I use to view the status of the mirror, and currently the status of the array is 'normal', as is the status of each individual 250 GB drive in the array. I will check for updates that apply to this raid controller.

Thanks for the help!

Server (contd...)

The server has a quad core Intel Xeon chipset....as for the Intel raid management software, it is version 7.5.

Server (part 3)

In Device Manager, under SCSI and RAID controllers is this:

Intel 631xESB/632xES SATA RAID Controller

The properties/driver details list this:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys

File version: 7.5.0.1017

I am browsing the Intel site for any available updates to this.

Updates

I am hesitant to install the latest version of the software that is on the site because I was unable to tell by reading the readme if the update will work with my raid controller. I have emailed this issue to Intel customer support, so hopefully they will give me a solution that fits my needs.

you might also take a look the support site for your specific motherboard (click here) then review all the downloads/info offered on the site for the motherboard/product in question, if any apply

I downloaded the zip file which contained several files pertinent to this upgrade. I updated the driver (iastor.sys) by going through the device manager update process.

There are several other files in this package...two .cat files, two .inf files and a txtsetup.oem file.

What are these used for?

As to the files in the package....

> .inf files are driver install/instruction files. You can open them to see them yourself using Notepad (tho they'll probably still look very cryptic!). They contain the specifications and instructions Windows uses to understand which driver it should match with particular hardware ('cuz Windows will find many, many different drivers stored on your computer and it must choose from) It also contains any driver specific instructions needed to help Windows install the .sys driver file

> .cat files contain Windows security and file info data. Not completely sure about everything that's in these file extensions but, in part, they would contain the digital signatures for signed files

> textsetup.oem file is used to instruct Windows at installation setup time to add/load your SATA drivers (e.g. when you hit F6 to add new drivers to the installation)

Which begs the question.. just what did you point Windows device manager to when you installed the iastor.sys driver using device manager. Typically, for example, when prompted by New Hardware Wizard you must point to the correct .inf file.... Or maybe you just told Windows to include the package folder when scanning for suitable drivers?

When i look in .inf files for the package you downloaded i can see a version (below). I assume this is the version info you now see installed, yes?
Code:
DriverVer=04/15/2008,8.0.0.1039

Yes, that is the version number that I see now installed.

I pointed the Hardware Update Wizard to the folder, not any one file in the folder.

Yes, that is the version number that I see now installed.

I pointed the Hardware Update Wizard to the folder, not any one file in the folder.
Re: Update Wizard, yea.. as i was writing my last post i recalled pointing it to a folder (vs a particular .inf file) was also do-able...
(note i added that option/question at the end of my prior post ;) )

In any case, appears you successfully installed the driver as you're seeing the version number i saw in the .inf files in the download files

I hope things are better???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back