MiniDump help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing helpful there.
What is the problem that seems to be hapening. It appears the minidump is created by Windows for a problem it has occurred.
We will need to know the brand and model, along with more details on age and what peformance problems you are experiencing at the moment.

Sure,

This particular system is a Dell T5400. System was recently rebuilt. XP, SP3. Approx. 2 years old? Running a matrox quad card as this system is being used by a hedge fund trader.

I received an email that he rebooted into two blue screens this morning. Once I arrived on-site the machine was already booted into windows. The only data I was able to gather from the event viewer is as follows. Everything else looked as normal.

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 000630b9, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 b9a14676.

This only helps me so much, and I was unable to get the actual stop error.

raybay, not to overstep any boundaries but his minidump reads 0xD1 and particularly cites the driver HCWBT8XX.sys which is a driver for the Hauppauge TV PCI card/Hauppauge Win TV WDM video driver. Could that not be the cause or a cause for his issues? Just my 2 cents worth.

atlogik, do you have a TV PCI card installed?

Excellent news.

Yes, the trader PC's all have tuner cards as they stream bloomberg news 24/7.

I have had issues with this PC and the card historically.

Might I ask which program you used to view the details of this .dmp? I was using dumpchk but did not see anything that spoke of a driver, perhaps I need to run this with an additional switch?

0x000000D1 usually means, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Your system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high.
We find that the usual cause is a bad device driver.
Got to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager and see if you have any yellow or red flags indicative of a bad driver...
Then download a new driver from the Dell support.

It can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM

Thank's Ray, I think Route nailed it down for me though.

We have had issues in the past with the Haugepauge Tuner card drivers. We are currently using the latest ones. "I've also tried legacy and still had issues."

I think it's time we change tuner card providers.

Thank you guys for the fast responses.

I would still do what raybay suggests about looking at your device manager because there may some other things going on you are not aware of.

The tool I used is called DeBugging Tools for Windows. This is how we read minidumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back