Minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoning

How do you check minidumps?
Is the bugchecker a program downloadable?

Also i have a minidump attacked and would appreciate any feedback on it! thanks

Your error is a 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The driver cited pwipf6.sys which is part of the Webroot firewall.

This is the 2nd time ive posted a minidump and was told it was the (pwipf6.sys) in the webroot firewall folder. I searched webroot on the web and found it to be an antivirus software downloadable, but before this i have never heard of it and certainly do not use it. I use AVG antivirus. Any comments about this webroot firewall would be appreciated!

Lives in: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pwipf6.sys
This startup entry is installed as a Windows NT, 2000, 2003, XP, or Vista service. Webroot Desktop Firewall.

Download and run Startup Control Panel
Remove any entry to pwipf6, or Webroot Firewall

Go to Start-->Run-->Services.msc

Check the list for Webroot or pwipf6
Double click on it, and set Startup mode to Disabled

Restart

kimsland said:
Lives in: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pwipf6.sys
This startup entry is installed as a Windows NT, 2000, 2003, XP, or Vista service. Webroot Desktop Firewall.

Download and run Startup Control Panel
Remove any entry to pwipf6, or Webroot Firewall

Go to Start-->Run-->Services.msc

Check the list for Webroot or pwipf6
Double click on it, and set Startup mode to Disabled

Restart

I can go straight to the file by opening C:\windows\system32\drivers\pwipf6

but services.msc shows nothing with webroot firewall and neither does the startup control panel i downloaded from your link.

Any other suggestions? should i just delete the file from the drivers folder if itll let me?

Go to your Search function in your Start menu and click Files and Folders. Do a search for Webroot. Let us know if anything comes up. Delete.

Route44 said:
Go to your Search function in your Start menu and click Files and Folders. Do a search for Webroot. Let us know if anything comes up. Delete.
Nothing came up when i searched for Webroot.

peterdiva said:
Do you have the Privatefirewall by Privacyware installed (see link). I found a logfile that lists pwipf6.sys as a Privacyware filter driver.
http://www.privacyware.com/personal_firewall.html

The process in both dumps is DSA.exe (Dynamic Security Agent), which is a free download with the firewall. DSA.exe gets a lot of Spyware hits.
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=DSA.exe&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
I don't have Privatefirewall on my computer.
I do have and use DSA as my firewall. Should i use another instead? I had online armor but was having some issues with it so searched for another free one and found DSA

DSA's Firewall is a light version of PrivacyWare's PrivateFirewall

So I suspect that is why you require C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pwipf6.sys (ie do not delete that single file)

I believe you should uninstall DSA, and test your system again using only Windows firewall

kimsland said:
DSA's Firewall is a light version of PrivacyWare's PrivateFirewall

So I suspect that is why you require C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pwipf6.sys (ie do not delete that single file)

I believe you should uninstall DSA, and test your system again using only Windows firewall
thanks!!!!

kimsland said:
That's Ok, but is it alright now?
Well what do you mean by is it alright now? because my system runs fine and everything its just that it crashed before unexpectadly and so i posted my minidump. So im just hoping no more crashes like that!

I see

Also go to C:\Windows\MiniDump
And remove all the old MiniDumps that are in there

Also download and run CCleaner to get rid of all temp files

Then use as per normal

kimsland said:
I see

Also go to C:\Windows\MiniDump
And remove all the old MiniDumps that are in there

Also download and run CCleaner to get rid of all temp files

Then use as per normal
How come delete old minidumps? Figured id keep them to be able to refer back to them if i needed. Any reason in particular to get rid of them?

I don't like any temp files (including logs, that CCleaner, does not remove)
I also feel, that you should start clean, when the computer is working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back