Minimum requirements to run WoW with video settings highest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoning

What do you think is the minimum requires for hardware that could run wow with little to no lag and all settings at their highest?
on XP and vista

It will depend on the resolution you want to run at...

Any moderately fast graphics card will run WoW beautifully with settings at max at 1680x1050 or below. If you want 1920x1200, a faster videocard will be required from my experience.

If you are running on a laptop, integrated graphics will lag quite a bit, but if you have a discrete chip, for example my laptop that uses a GeForce 8600M GT it runs lag free for 99% of the time.

Dont take much....

Wow isnt the most demanding game and I know lots of people with it cranked up with less than performance computers.

The biggest thing you need to know when you say "without lag" is that most lag that you are going to get on wow is server lag from what I have heard. Even the guys that I know with boss machines that play WoW still get a lot of lag especially during huge raids. A good internet connection with a decent upload is probably your first upgrade to keep in mind.

Technology
What are the system requirements?
PC System Requirements
OS: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4) or Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Processor: Intel Pentium3 800MHz or AMD Athlon 800MHz
Memory:
Minimum: 512 MB RAM
Recommended: 1GB RAM
Video:

Minimum: 32MB 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as an NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or above

Recommended: 64MB VRAM 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability, such as an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 class card or above
Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card

So what I would suggest is for full detail would be:

Video: Nvidia Geforce 6600 128mb or better
CPU: Just about anything over 1.5ghz by todays standards will do.
RAM: 1GB will probably suffice but with DDR2 running as low as $30 for 2gb, why the hell not go with 2 gb ?

LoL

Julio, how do you have time to play WoW and run a website dude ? You know there isnt much time left over for less important things like work, showering, laundry, healthy meals or sleep when you start playing WoW :)

I have friends who I went to the local Wal-Mart with, they purchased WoW and I never seen them again....weird.

Julio, how do you have time to play WoW and run a website dude ? You know there isnt much time left over for less important things like work, showering, laundry, healthy meals or sleep when you start playing WoW :)

I have friends who I went to the local Wal-Mart with, they purchased WoW and I never seen them again....weird.
LOL, call it research :)

Actually I just became a player this year for that same reason, too much to do, too little time to spare until I finally joined the leagues. That lasted a few months but had to leave it at that so I could get more work done, so you are totally right, you get to choose between a life and WoW, your call.

Wow isnt the most demanding game and I know lots of people with it cranked up with less than performance computers.

The biggest thing you need to know when you say "without lag" is that most lag that you are going to get on wow is server lag from what I have heard. Even the guys that I know with boss machines that play WoW still get a lot of lag especially during huge raids. A good internet connection with a decent upload is probably your first upgrade to keep in mind.

Technology
What are the system requirements?
PC System Requirements
OS: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4) or Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Processor: Intel Pentium3 800MHz or AMD Athlon 800MHz
Memory:
Minimum: 512 MB RAM
Recommended: 1GB RAM
Video:

Minimum: 32MB 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as an NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or above

Recommended: 64MB VRAM 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability, such as an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 class card or above
Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card

So what I would suggest is for full detail would be:

Video: Nvidia Geforce 6600 128mb or better
CPU: Just about anything over 1.5ghz by todays standards will do.
RAM: 1GB will probably suffice but with DDR2 running as low as $30 for 2gb, why the hell not go with 2 gb ?
I understand server lag issues and crappy isp issues but im putting those obvious and unavoidable things aside.

I used to have an amd sempron 1.5 gh
ati radeon 128mb 9200 vid card
1gig ram

and WoW ran really crappy, I never knew if it was more cuz of my processor or vid card, or maybe even both were horrible. Since then I have upgraded and wow runs nearly perfect with all the highest settings. Just curious since I'm helping a friend build a cheap comp around just WoW

Here Ya Go

A very cheap system that will still run a lot of games including WoW at high detail and will still perform pretty damn good for day to day stuff also. Some stuff can be worked around i.e. if you have a case power, power supply or spare optical drive/hard drive.

CPU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103067

Mobo - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500014

RAM - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820141064

Video - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102726

Case Idea - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042

Power Supply - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023

Also, I have heard good things about the onboard video on the above mobo. He might be able to get away with playing WoW rather well on that. But the listed video card is a for sure winner. All that comes to $273 and some change. Didnt add a hard drive or optical drive cause I dont know what specs he need. But the CPU, memory and mobo are for sure going to give you the performance you are looking for at a very cheap price.

Yes, many graphics chips/cards can run it, but WoW's graphics engine was upgraded for WotLK in patch 3.0.1, now with the highest graphics settings it's more demanding than the old version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back