Minor Screen Adjustment issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i just got a VisionTek Radeon HD 2400 pci Pro graphic card, I have installed it successfully and all is working perfect my issue arrived after i downloaded the drivers(ATI Catalyst™ 8.12 Display Driver for Windows Vista (32 bit)) it works but my screen is all screwed up meaning i can no longer see any of my tool bars for windows (browser) i've tried to adjust screen size/resolution but i have no luck doing so from the windows control panel or the catalyst control panel this sucks because i can't see the address bar on my screen so i have to minimize everything in order to navigate thru the web also my start menu is way off the screen and to far down for me to click on it . I maybe doing something wrong or overlooking something but if anyone can help me with this issue i will greatly appreciate it..To be more clear my screen view is to large for my monitor on desktop and web browser.. need help adjusting

oh yeah if it helps i'm using a 32" HDTV for my monitor

thank you

Try the drivers only first as they recomend.Works for me.
I have XP Home PCIx card.
I don't need the features of Catalyst,maybe you don't.
It's outlined in the update section for your card.

I know you've probably done this, but I just want to be sure. Can you not right click on the desktop and access the screen resolution controls from there?

ok i have tried everything i can possibly think of including all the advice i was giving here thanks Zipperman and MetalX for taking time to respond however i have found a solution to the problem doesn't fix the problem the way i would like to but nevertheless it is a work around i had to restore my browser and all other pop up screens and set them manually to the desired sized now when i open my screen(s) i can see everything.I also had to adjust my resolution to a size that have my text looking very tiny.,fortunately for me i can adjust the actual web content to a size i can read i just have to deal with the very small text that pop up in different windows on my desktop if anyone know a work around for me to expand the text on my system without changing my current resolution feel free to reply..thanks all

How i do it.

What is your screen set at ?
My 22 " Wide screen is 1360 x 768,32 bit.See attached.
Right click desktop for these options.

ok this is the situation

Zipperman my screen res. is 1970x1080 (my tv manual told me to use 1380 x768 )when connecting to a pc but when i try that it's comes out way to large for some weird reason .I know it has something to do with the catalyst drivers just not sure what .I have found the menus you referred me to the only thing is it looks totally different in vista and it doesn't allow me to do what i saw in the pics above(not saying it's not capable of doing so just stating i couldn't find it) however while i was looking for those menus i stumbled across changing my dpi (font) size now everything is fine for the most part (with the exception of a few snags here and there)so your help pointed me in the right direction thanks alot for taking the time and helping me.. much love to you..take care

1 minor adjustment

We have very similar items to set but 1.
I don't use Catalyst,just the drivers.Did you check this out.
Unless it's a typing error,set it to 1360 x 768.
Find your useable settings list.Use the highest refresh rate.
This is located in your Basic settings.Right click the desktop for menu's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back