Mobo CPU compatibiliy problem

i recently bought a biostar a770e3
and a phenom II x4 965 125w

so i go to the site and it says that latest bios supports the 965 125w atleast thats what i think, but each time i try to start the system i get max power of cpu is over 95w

so my problem is that even if the bios update fixes this i cant get to the POST screen cause of that message, i need a way to either skip that message or another way to update bios , or to know if i can even run that processor on that mobo, thnx.

In reading the motherboard manual it appears the only way you can update the BIOS to use your newer processor is to install an older processor that your motherboard does support with its older BIOS and then update the BIOS. Once the BIOS is updated you can then install the new CPU.

This is from the manual:
Note: Please update the BIOS to the latest version while using AM2+/AM3 CPUs. Due to the latest CPU transition, you may encounter the situation that the new system failed to boot while using new AM2+/AM3 CPUs. In this case, please install one standard AM2 CPU to boot your system, and update the latest BIOS from our website for AM2+/AM3 CPUs support.

thnx guys , but i managed to screw things up, i was able to flash the latest bios from their website , but now i think i did a bad bios cause everytime i turn the pc on only blank screen , i can hear the fan working but no signal,

anyway to fix this?

...i was able to flash the latest bios from their website...
Well, you tried to flash it but evidently, you didn't succeed. An unsuccessful BIOS flash usually bricks the motherboard. How did you attempt to flash the BIOS without using a compatible CPU?

Back