Modem Crashing/Disconnecting Overnight (Server Host)

Hi, a few days ago I started hosting a dedicated server for ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED. Has been working great apart from the fact that every night since it has been running the modem is disconnected when I wake up in the morning. The connection from the modem to the devices are fine but it is not connected to the internet (the thing where it will say "Secured, no internet access" on my laptop. I find it weird because the server nor the modem ever crashes during the day when people are playing but keeps doing it sometime when I am asleep and most likely no one playing on the server.

I know this must have something to do with me hosting a server because that's exactly when it started happening. I have had my modem crash like this before but not regularly and it would usually reconnect by itself within a few minutes. For some reason I have to restart the modem to get it to reconnect in this new situation.

I am running the server on a brand new XBOX ONE that has absolutely nothing but ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED installed on it and it is also a brand new XBOX Live account as well.

I have been wondering if it's overheating the modem which I will be monitoring today but that doesn't explain why it doesn't auto reconnect like usual.

The host XBOX is connected to the modem by wifi which might make it a bigger job for the modem.

I have a TP-LINK_2578 modem/router.

This is really bugging me because I can't be available to reset the modem all the time and it is supposed to be a 24/7 server.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Most likely you are being effected by the short term ISP Lease expiring. The modem should automatically perform a release/renew cycle to refresh the ISP connection.

The question is; is it the Modem or the Router that suffers this error?

Be sure to have the latest firmware running in both the modem & your router.

Most likely you are being effected by the short term ISP Lease expiring. The modem should automatically perform a release/renew cycle to refresh the ISP connection.

The question is; is it the Modem or the Router that suffers this error?

Be sure to have the latest firmware running in both the modem & your router.
You were right. Firmware updated and the server has now been live for more than 24 hours. Thanks heaps.

Back