Monitor and halogen bulb tripped two times circuit breakers

sew333

I had a good monitor AORUS AD27QD. 3 months ago when I was sleeping monitor was on.
I left running Metro Exodus game.

When I woke up all electricity went down. After switching up 2 breakers for outlets and lights, power back . I have different wiring here in Poland. So dont ask about circuits.
Pc worked fine. But monitor was not turned back. No lights when pressing button,nothing.
I sended to rma. Here is shop RMA message:

Shop:"We repaired PSU and sending back good monitor to client"

Is this possible that psu of monitor can trip breaker/s then if psu inside monitor, failed?

Also I was using a lot this monitor,playing games and left running games for 20 hours for some reason,when I go slept. I know it was stupid.

But. 1 month ago something tripped 2 small breakers again. All electricity went down again. Then.......I go to bathroom and saw that one of 3 halogen bulbs no lightning. So one bulb get burned. Not again ( my luck ) psu of monitor.

I guess I had bad luck with monitor ( 3 months ago ) and bulb ( 2 weeks ago )?

PC:
Aorus AD27QD
AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING
Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock
2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP
9700K STOCK
Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

Halogen bulbs have a small lifespan so I had to start switching to LED bulbs. I can't blame the monitor for circuit breakers problems but it does sound like there is too much draw on that circuit. You need a proper electrician in there to check it out for you.Test your ground too. It's good to know which household items are on which circuit. Since you game, your gaming computer when it is running a game could be drawing 500w to 600w.

Kshipper

I have a question. About that propably halogen bulb. Is this possible that psu in pc tripped breakers,and not halogen bulb?

BUT PSU OF MONITOR IS NOT THE SAME OF PC?
So thats why I am asking about pc psu now.

If 3 months ago monitor psu blowed , then maybe 2 weeks ago it was not bulb but psu of pc? But like I said pc working. Also psu in monitor have not the same safery features like psu in pc?

Please answer. I am not cooled down <Lol>

We wish we had measuring devices hook up at the time of failure, so that we really knew. We are only guessing. I had a Enermax Liberty 500w PSU fail and it took out a motherboard. We had to replace a bunch of capacitors to get the motherboard working. The computer was connected to a UPS too, so anything is possible. So yes...it is possible that a PSU can trip breakers but I would think a breaker trips due to draw or load (overload). Just too much draw on a circuit and a PC is a variable draw where it reaches it peak gaming.

This all could have been a spike coming in from the outside too? That happens.

Back