Monitor can't display selected preferences

Hey everybody! I have a problem with my display/monitor. I have selected different prefferences for my monitor to display and the monitor went black, and it shows me a message "Can't display this video preffs, change or cable to...." some 64Hz port, .....something like that. Sorry, I am not too much of a computer person. Can anybody help me with this? I did restart the computer, and no changes.....can't change the display to the previous settings cz ......there's nothing on the monitor except that message...

What settings did you change?
Boot the system to VGA mode and reset to the monitor native settings for resolution and refresh rate.

Restart the PC and press F8 before Windows begins to load. Select VGA mode from the list of startup options. Then after Windows boots, go to display properties and set it to the panel's default res/refresh rate. Then reboot.

Sorry if this comes off as condesending but if you don't know that much about computers you shouldn' be changing settings like that. I encourage people to be free to change stuff but you always must remember what you did and write it down so you can undo what you did. Good luck and I hope you gat it back up and running!

Back