Monitor capturing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

everbroken

Not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but... I have my computer running into my monitor through the VGA port, and my 360 running into it through the DVI port.

I'm wondering (stupidly I'm sure), if there is any method to capturing my 360 gameplay onto my computer? I know they make desktop recorders, but does that work even if I switch the input signal, or will it just be black?

Not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but... I have my computer running into my monitor through the VGA port, and my 360 running into it through the DVI port.

I'm wondering (stupidly I'm sure), if there is any method to capturing my 360 gameplay onto my computer? I know they make desktop recorders, but does that work even if I switch the input signal, or will it just be black?

it will just be black. it would record your computers side of the signal; not the 360's.

You'd have to use a capture card (which could get fairly expensive) then pass the connection from your 360 though the actual PC via this card. You'd be capturing the video with the capture card's software (or some other third party software) after you do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back