Monitor Goes Black Seemingly At Random

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cephas

Hi.

My moniter is a "22in E228WFP UK/Irish Black Widescreen Value (1680 x 1050) TCO99 DVI-D" according to the inventory on the Dell order confirmation.

I'm using Windows Vista and my PC is a "Dell XPS 420", 4-5 months old, quite fast with pretty decent stuffs inside. (Which I can't be bothered to go back and descover the names of)

Anyway, at the beginning of last week, the moniter seeminngly just turned black at random times a couple of hours apart. The only way to restore it was to restart the PC.

It'd be fine upon restart but I'd keep losing work every 2 hours or so.

Eventually, I realised that it wasn't going completely black, but that you could just about see the faint outlines of the windows that were open, so I thought it may have something to do with the cables connecting to the PC.

Both the power cable and the other cable were in fully, and even when I jiggled the plugs around a bit, it didn't affect the display on the moniter.

Anyway, after a while I realised if I simply turned the screen on and off again every time it turned black-ish then it would be fine again...

So I've been doing that all week, but the problems been getting steadily worse.

The screen goes black every 2-5 minuites now and it's seriously driving me crazy.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to be in the middle of something when you have to turn it on and off every few minuites (it takes about 6 seconds each time to get back to normal).

Anyway, sometimes it seems it goes black when I click or when I press a key, however it also goes black if simply left alone...

I'm at my witt's end here, guys.

Any help would be very, very much appreciated!

Ps. It's gone black about 8 times during the time I've been writing this post. ¬_¬"

Get Dell to replace it. They usually have a new one on your porch in two days, and you can send the defective one back in the same box... They may have you test the video graphics port first, so you have to endure a couple of hours on the phone with Dell of India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back