Monitor is too dark, looking for replacement light

yRaz

I currently have this monitor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116421&Tpk=2365wb

It doesn't say what the backlight is, but I'm pretty sure it is a CCFL. My monitor is too dark. I replaced a 19" monitor with a 250cd/m2 that was brighter than this and it is listed as 300cd/m2. When I got the monitor I needed a replacement and didn't bother sending it back. Now it is too late for that. I would like to know if I can replace the back light. If so, where can I get one. I've done a fair bit of googling and have not found anything, I don't really know how to search for this kind of thing.

I would like to note that I very much enjoy this monitor and the pros out weight the cons by an order of magnitude. I would buy this monitor again even if it really is dark. It has NO DITHERING, even with very close shades over a large area. The 14ms response time isn't noticeable. I think that this is measured in a full black-to-white instead of the more popular gtg.

anyway, any help is much appreciated even if the answer is "no, that's not possible."

Although it's not something I've ever attempted myself it looks as though it can be done. Found this link as a possible source for the lamp itself and it appears there is a link for instructions. Didn't track it to your specific monitor and don't know if these guys are reliable but maybe it's a good place to start.

http://www.lcdparts.net/adword/nettCCFL.aspx

I have had something strange happen with my monitor and I have no idea how this even works. I took the stand off of my monitor and it got brighter. The only reasonable explanation I could come up with is that something loose and I knocked it back into place moving it around. I would say it got brigher by about 15%(no, I can't really measure this stuff, it just seems like a good number). I wasn't sure about it really being brighter so i asked my family and they all agreed. Settings are all the same, anyone know what could have happened?

I bet this is where I learn my monitor is dying.

Back