Monitor issues need help quickly

hi to every one. i have just bought an asrock n68c-s ucc motherboard bundle and has built in nvidia garphics and sound. i have a new power supply and also a new hard drive and sata cables. the board is pretty basic and everything works fine apart from my monitor wont go on. i cant even get to the bios screen it just seems that there is no connection. all the monitor says is no video input. i am no expert at computers so i may have missed something please help.

Try the usual suspects - different monitor cable, secure connections, etc.

If the monitor works with another computer (which I am guessing it did) it's possible the onboard graphics are just bad. There's not a lot you can do about that except get an RMA. If you don't have a PCIe graphics card plugged in and are only using the onboard, it's probably just a bad board. I can't think of any reason they would disable onboard graphics at the factory.

Do you happen to have a random PCIe graphics card laying around you could plug in just on the off chance they did?

thanx tried it no difference. if they dissabled the graphics card how do i get them enabled cas i have no pci cards and there is no other slot for graphic cards:confused:

There would be no reason for them to disable the onboard graphics at the factory, and I seriously doubt they did. One thing you could try is removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard, leave it out for 5 minutes, then put it back in and reboot. (Make sure the power cable is disconnected from the power supply, and that you are properly grounded before removing the battery.)

When booting up your computer, listen for any "post beeps", and count the number that you hear, if any. Let us know if there are any. If not, I suspect Zilpha is correct in assuming the board is faulty, and you will have to return it for warranty replacement.

If I looked at it right, that motherboard does not have digital output. Assuming that, you must be using the VGA output. Does your monitor detect analog output in it's on screen menu?

hi, did what u said and still the monitor wont work. there was 2 short beeps when i started the computer and 1 when i restarted it

hi, did what u said and still the monitor wont work. there was 2 short beeps when i started the computer and 1 when i restarted it

2 short beeps generally indicates a Parity circuit failure.

Explanation: The parity circuit is responsible for generating and checking the parity bit on the system memory when parity checking is used. This circuitry is not working properly.

Diagnosis: This code usually means a problem with either the system memory or the motherboard.

1 short beep is normal operation. Try removing your ram, and reseating it. Once again, make sure the power is unplugged, and you are properly grounded before touching the components.

I'm with Wendig0 on this one - it seems like a circuitry failure somewhere. If resetting the CMOS didn't work with the battery pull, and reseating the ram doesnt either (can try running with just one stick, and then the other if you have 2 just to rule out 1 being the culprit), then I'd say RMA the board.

There's really only so many things that it could be and that will have ruled out pretty much all of them.

Back