Monitor issues!

Ok I have a viewsonic vx2235wm monitor. I went to sleep (monitor was set to sleep after 30 mins.. woke up, came down monitor light turned blue saying it was on but nothing but black was showing. When it turns on you can see the sides and top light up vaguely (backlighting perhaps) but nothing else.. My old school crt monitor works fine. Curious as to what the problem may be.. I got it for free and used for 2 years so spending a lil cash to keep it going wouldnt bother me but also dont wanna sell it to someone for nothing and it be an easy fix. My computer has a integrated grahpics card so only one place it hooks up.

If you tried the PC on another monitor therefore your monitor may be damage. You may send it for repair to see where is the problem.

Monitor is blank after restarting system:

1. Check to be sure that the Monitor has power and that the light is on.
2. Disconnect all devices except for the mouse, keyboard and monitor. Reboot your computer to see if the issue is resolved. If it is, then it is one of the devices that you have disconnected that is causing the problem. try connecting them one at a time and rebooting each time until the original problem occurs. Once identified, try reinstalling the device and updating the driver to resolve the issue.
3. Try connecting the monitor to a different PC using the problem monitor's power cable. If it still doesn't work, try the known good monitors power cable.
4. Try unplugging the monitors power cable, then wait about 20 or 30 seconds and plug it back in.
5. If none of the above troubleshooting steps does not solve the issue, then it is likely that the monitor is bad.

<>After connecting a monitor, the picture looks bad:

1. Start the system in Safe Mode by rebooting the system and pressing the F8 key once per second while it is rebooting. Once you see the Windows Startup menu, select Safe Mode from the listed options. press Enter.
2. Go to Start>> Right click My Computer>> Properties>> Hardware tab>> Device Manager button.
3. Click the plus (+) symbol next to the Monitors entry to expand it.
4. Once expanded, right click on the installed monitor(s) and select Uninstall.
5. Exit the Device Manager and restart your system.

Back