Monitor not turning on

A while back I purchased an Asus 27" monitor(Model number VZ279H) and when I went to use it, it would just give a black screen, at first I assumed it was a problem with the graphics card, so I plugged the monitor into the onboard graphics... Same outcome. I then tried plugging the monitor into my other pc yet again the same outcome. Just to make sure it wasn't the computers for sure I used my old monitor which I know for a fact works and the success of that led my concern to the power source of the monitor, trying different outlets in my house it still didn't work. I would appreciate the help troubleshooting this further and I'm able to give further info.

What is your history with this? Did it ever work?

NewEgg lists it with
"ASUS Rapid replacement for 3 years"

I would contact Asus about that.

## I just noticed that you are 15. You will probably need an adult with a credit card to arrange an RMA ('return merchandise authorization').
It sounds to me like you have a monitor which experienced 'infantile failure' - the makers only test some of the production and then rely on methods and reliability of components to assure that 'most' of the production is good. I think infantile failure occurs in 1 of 2000 or so, but seems worse as these are more frequently complained about that the ones which just work. Sorry, but it seems you got a lemon.

Last edited:
So the monitor arrived doa, and I hadn't taken too deep a look at the refund/replacement policy, but I will most definitely look into that

I've had several over the decades. Rosewill, Western Digital and Seagate among them. They will want you to try some troubleshooting, but if it is dead, they should be responsive. Key is to read closely, do exactly as asked and keep documents (emails, post office receipts, etc). I suggest making several photos before shipping so you can prove the condition as you returned it. Do not skimp on the packing, especially the edges. Do double-box using the product packaging as inner box if possible. UPS store can do this if you don't mind their fees. Sometimes things get broken, so you will have to make a claim under insurance. Yes, I've had that too. End of semester term paper with footnotes is about the same level of difficulty.

Back