Monitors Wont Stay Asleep

Recently my monitors wont stay asleep. I never had this problem before but for some reason the moment the monitors turn off they turn right back on and never reach the locked PC screen.

I have tried unplugging my keyboard, mouse, wacom, cintique, ethernet. Still no luck. I tried turning off wake up timers in the power settings and still no luck. I tried powercfg -lastwake and powercfg -devicequery wake_armed attached is the response I got.

I tried reinstalling my nvidia drivers, still happens. I have three 980 TI's

I am on Windows 10 and have ran all the latest updates. I have even tried going through most of Device Manager updating various drivers.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 2
Same 'wakey wakey' disease here. It started sleeping again about two weeks ago, then it stopped. I tried to trouble shoot it AND failed.

I gave up. Windows 1. Me -1.

Same 'wakey wakey' disease here. It started sleeping again about two weeks ago, then it stopped. I tried to trouble shoot it AND failed.

I gave up. Windows 1. Me -1.

Wow! I just finally figured it out. I kept searching online and found a post that mentioned starting the computer with all of the "Startup" programs turned off. After I turned them all off/disabling them, the sleep started working. Eventually after turning them on, restarting the computer, I eventually figured out the culprit. It was this Bluetooth Tray Application. Once I disabled that, my monitors go to sleep and stay asleep. THANK GOD!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.8 KB · Views: 3
I disabled them in MSCONFIG and through Task Manager. I have a video encode running and I'm going out for a few hours, should give it enough time to work it out.

MS_CONFIG_RESTART.png

AND it worked!!
Since last night and today it's gone to sleep ~10 times and woke up to the login screen without a problem. Good fix. Thanks!

Back