Mortal Kombat X Review: Bringing fresh blood to the classic franchise

Jos

Staff

mortal kombat review kotaku gore guest fighting game mortal kombat x

New, younger Kombatants. Built-in options to play a particular character in completely different ways from someone else using the very same martial artist. More gore, but also more emotional plot points. The option to pay for easier Fatalities. Mortal Kombat is changing.

This is a next-generation Mortal Kombat in more ways than one. MKX is the first game to appear on Sony and Microsoft’s newest home game machines (along with PC). The tenth Mortal Kombat game also features new characters, some of whom are the sons and daughters of classic Kombatants like Johnny Cage and Jax Briggs. You get the sense that Netherrealm is trying to infuse fresh blood into their franchise—in terms of both characters and design—while simultaneously courting acclaim from the world of hyper-competent pro-competition players.

Mostly, the ambition pays off.

Read the complete review.

who buys fighting games for a PC and don't have a controller.... :p

you ever tried playing street fight 4 on a keyboard it blows.
I played Street Fighter X Tekken on keyboard. Compared to Mortal Kombat X it is much easier.

I play on a street fighter game pad and have a stock 360 controller for fighting games where you need analog sticks like the new DBZ game. or tomb raider 3rd person view style games. Then keyboard and mouse for FPS obviously so got all bases covered.

I'm really liking the game on PC. Works great as long as you are using a controller. Very fun and recommended.

I have problem with the LAN while playing counter strike global offensive... as I enter into the game it get disconnected in 5 minutes automatically ... how to solve this problem help me...
thank you

I have problem with the LAN while playing counter strike global offensive... as I enter into the game it get disconnected in 5 minutes automatically ... how to solve this problem help me...
thank you
First step is to not post irrelevant stuff into wrong articles.

Back