Motherboard 133MHz Front Side Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello techspot,

could you help me? i have found a motherboard that wasn't use for a year and i check if it still working, and to my luck it was still working. so i inserted a 40GB HDD and a 256MB RAM and other hardwares need, i've used winXP PRO O.S... well, to make the story short yesterday it was okey, the system was working properly, but later this morning it started to reboot itself, i've change the RAM but still its just keep on rebooting. what seems to be the problem?

P.S.: i have found out that the motherboard's FSB is 133MHz, does it affect the situation???

thanks in advance, and sorry if i haven't give some technical advices for all the other techspoters out there.

The 133 FSB is a reliable and reasonably fast board if the memory is 133 or faster... on up to 400 MHZ or more.

Go to <SAFE MODE> to turn off the option to reboot after failure.

You likely have a bad driver or component... So look in the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow or red flags, and begin looking for different (earlier as well as later) drivers for those flagged ones.

The problem can also be Spyware, or a Trojan infestation, so be sure you have good antivirue such as Antivir antivirus and MBAM MalwareByes as well as SuperAntiSpyware, or Spyware Doctor, or Spy Sweeper.

Then be sure you have all the Microsoft Updates... on up through Service Pack 3.

One step at a time, and you will soon have a good unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back