Motherboard for Core 2 processors and 16GB of RAM

I want to buy a new motherboard I already bought 8GB of DDR2 ram but im not sure if it will work on ASUS P5Q SE PLUS motherboard I think this has the speed of 667Mhz can anyone please give me some sugestions what motherboard I should buy that supports core2quad processors and that supports 16GB of ram! Cause I wanna upgrade it from time to time! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4273.JPG
    IMG_4273.JPG
    552.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4277.JPG
    IMG_4277.JPG
    486.3 KB · Views: 7
Well, to answer you're first question, yes, that motherboard supports that type of RAM.

I cannot, however, understand why you would purchase DDR2 ram. You will not be able to find a whole lot of DDR2 compatible motherboards for sale, and even less core 2 processors. I highly recommend you return that RAM, and get current DDR3 RAM along with a current generation Motherboard and CPU.

Give us your budget, and what you will be using this PC for, an we will be able to help you choose the correct components to buy.

Well, to answer you're first question, yes, that motherboard supports that type of RAM.

I cannot, however, understand why you would purchase DDR2 ram. You will not be able to find a whole lot of DDR2 compatible motherboards for sale, and even less core 2 processors. I highly recommend you return that RAM, and get current DDR3 RAM along with a current generation Motherboard and CPU.

Give us your budget, and what you will be using this PC for, an we will be able to help you choose the correct components to buy.
A Core 2 Quad can only take DDR2...

Cause the motherboard that I have actually or the whole computer its running slow! I think I can sell this one that I have for at least 200 euros but I already have a new monitor so thats my budget only for the case, motherboard, processor and graphic card! Thanks for your response and suggestion! What are some motherboards with dd3 that are good and not to expensive!?

A Core 2 Quad can only take DDR2...

yeah and with that motherboard I think I can use rams with the speed up to 1200Mhz or am I wrong? Can u please tell me what procesor should I get startin from Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad!? Thanks for your reply!

I think he already has one. You can find DDR2 easily on Newegg. As for a Core 2 Duo, look on Ebay or Newegg for used or refurbished ones.

Nah just because of the budget im trying to get a good motherboard so later I can upgrade it for example procesor and ram!

You cant use an ancient motherboard with modern CPUs. If you didnt buy the stuff already, there are cheap alternatives that will match the Core 2 Duo while doubling performance. What is your budget? A pentium will do you more good in the long run and gets better performance.

Nah just because of the budget im trying to get a good motherboard so later I can upgrade it for example procesor and ram!
That's what I thought. Older hardware doesn't mean better value (in most cases), usually it means the opposite. What is your budget? What will you use the computer for? Please answer the questions so we can tell you what you need to buy.

That's what I thought. Older hardware doesn't mean better value (in most cases), usually it means the opposite. What is your budget? What will you use the computer for? Please answer the questions so we can tell you what you need to buy.

sorry bro! I answered that question my budget will be around 200 euros! it doesnt necesary mean I need to get all great stuff at once I need a good motherboard and solid ram at the begining then I can uprage RAM and procesor but I need a sugestion for a good motherboard

Intel Core i3 3225 (Intel HD4000 if you do not have a graphics card is better than 2500 (core i3 3220)) + ASUS P8Z77V-LK + Corsair Vengeance 8GB (4x2) 1600 MHz gets you to exactly 260 Euros (did all the conversions from USD). You are in luck my friend. This will get you 3x the performance of a Core 2 Duo.

I agree with unknown's suggestion. You can always buy more ram, and that motherboard supports powerful processors, such as the i5-3570K and the i7-3770K, so if you find yourself with some spare cash, you'll be all set :)

I would also recommend upgrading components like HDDs so that it takes full advantage of the 6GB/s of the i3. Also what PSU do you have?

You can build that PC for less. You can go without the graphics if you game also. It isnt a good deal in my opinion. Also if you arent using a dedicated GPU get the Core i3 3225 since it has better graphics than the 3220

Back