Motherboard replaced, BIOS updated, still won't work

I think I made a mistake.
I replaced the motherboard on a HP Pavillion desktop. The motherboard is made by ASUS. I updated the BIOS (downloaded from HP); then I got the "purple code" ; so I proceeded to reinstall the original os that came with this computer; the message was some thing like "Can not install windows with these discs...etc."
The ASUS website is not helpful at all. I called the ASUS people, explain the problem and the only answer I got was "you should call hp or take it to a hp repair center.."
I would greatly appreciate any advise or suggestions on this frustrating issue. Thanks, Luis

What is this Asus motherboard you got? Did it come from HP or did you buy it from regular retail or online sources?

Asus MB

Got it from a regular retailer - I even asked the 'techs' in the store if it would work on a hp Pavi...- they yes before I finished my question.

Okay. Did I misunderstand or did you flash the BIOS of the Asus motherboard with a BIOS from HP? If so, that could potentially have disabled the motherboard. I would try to reflash the Asus motherboard with an appropriate BIOS from the Asus website. If that's successful, we can go from there.

Back