Mouse and touchpad dont work after drivers update

I updated drivers through 3th party program called Driver booster, and after resetting the laptop my touchpad and mouse aren't working, in the ELAN tab in the mouse options the device isnt even listed where it should be, also since I am using razer mouse the razer software isnt detecting the mouse ether. In device manger it says :This device cannot start. (Code 10) ,The device is not in a valid state to perform this request." I tried reinstalling new drivers for the touchpad but it doesn't help also sometimes I get blue screen and it says it crashed, caused by: ETD.sys code name: sytem_thread_exeption_not_handled, or sometimes something else but always caused by ETD.sys. To my understanding that is the ELAN touchpad.
https://puu.sh/wWuoI/382bbc2223.png
this is how it looks in device manager, it says my mouse razer abyssus is working but its not I am guessing it has to do ELAN pointing devices not working

I also tried to system restore it didnt work.

My guess is something is corrupted or disabled that prevents for pointing devices to work.

my laptop: lenovo y510p , win 10 creators update

Every time I uninstall the driver and then when I reinstall or windows the driver I get the blue screen that ETD.sys failed, and then pc restores back to faulty driver, same thing happened when I tried system restore.

I had a similar problem after I upgraded to Windows 10. Downgrading to Windows 7 seemed to fix it but I wanted Windows 10.

Once the drivers are installed, you double-tap your touchpad at the top left corner (if yours has the touchpad lock and unlock feature)

touchpad-not-working-windows-10.jpe

Back