Mouse pointer issues with new Alienware Aurora Mouse

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new Alienware PC and it is just fantastic!

My only little problem is that I am having a weird issue I can't seem to find an answer for online.

When I boot my PC everything is working perfectly fine like it should. However whenever I access a website or program that makes the screen flash my mouse pointer dissapears. It will then reappear as little lines with no mouse pointer visible. It is a pain to navigate the computer this way until I go to a web page or program and the mouse pointer comes back.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to correct this.

My setup is a Intel Core I7 930 QC (2.8 Ghz, 8MB Cache)

Windows 7 64 bit

Dual ATI Radeon HD 5670 with crossfire enabled.

The mouse that I am using is a Razer Deathadder and I connected to through HDMI to a 22inc Vizio 720P LCD television.

I'm not sure if this will help, go to your Mouse settings in Control Panel and turn on the "mouse trail" set it to the minimal that it will go to. Try and get the screen flash+mouse disappear to happen and see if it goes away.

This is however NOT a fix if it does work.. I use to play Battlefield 2 and half the time my mouse would disappear "behind the screen" as if there was no mouse there, but I could click things. Turning on the trail displayed the mouse but it was really aggravating and a little hard on the eyes..

Like I said it is not a fix. What do you mean though about a webpage/program that loads and makes the screen flash, like, it changes resolutions to accommodate for the program?

If it is that then I see this either being a video or monitor issue.. Maybe try changing the screen refresh rate, or the bit colour? I haven't had this issue in a long time so I can not play around with it to try.

One last thing you can try is, there is also a setting where the Mouse Pointer Trail is enabled that says to hide the mouse when you type, try disabling this and see if it helps? I doubt this will fix the issue but you never know.

Thank you so much, i will try that once i get home and see if it helps.
What I meant by open an application or program is like you described, I will let's say open a session of Batman Arkham Asylum, the game will load and the screen will adjust and that it when the mouse situation will happen. I feel as if you are right when you mentioned that it might be the monitor adjusting to the resolution. How would I be able to fix that????

I am not too sure how to "stop" it from happening other then adjusting the game settings to load under the same Resolution as your desktop.

So if your desktop is say 1024 x 768, your game or application should also be set to run in 1024 x 768 resolution. This 'should' stop the screen resolution change.

However it may not change the screen flash as some other things occur like the color scheme change and the refresh rate.. a lot of different things are applied and changed to do with video/monitor settings. best thing to do is kind of fiddle around with it a little and seeing if anything makes a change..

I would suggest first checking what your desktop resolution is set to, then in your game, go into the video settings and select the same resolution, hopefully it fixes the issue.

Back