Mouse stutters when CPU/Memory under load

Some months ago I started noticing an issue, at certain times when the PC was under load, the mouse would start lagging briefly, for example when I would open Chrome. Sometimes I would get a brief stutter when playing Overwatch. The issue was never serious enough for me to investigate. Since that time I have made a fresh install of Windows 10.

Today I bought and tried playing the new Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. I suspect that this game is putting a cpu/memory stress on my computer that I haven't encountered before, and the mouse stutter is so severe the game is unplayable. I started investigating the issue.

Using an app to stress-test my computer, the CPU and the MEMORY stress tests are producing mouse stuttering that you can see in this video.

Since I was planning to upgrade my RAM, I went and bought a new kit of 2x 8GB Kingston memory (was 2x 4GB before), so I could safely rule out any problems with my memory.

This is my configuration:

Motherboard: MSI Gaming z170i
CPU: Intel Core i5-6500
GPU: MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G
RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 Mhz
HDD: SSD Kingston HyperX FURY 240GB (60 GB free)
PSU: Corsair VS550
Mouse: Logitech G403

System is well cooled and temperatures are good. My dxdiag file

Things I have tried:

• [li]Tried all the different USB ports, the 2.0, 3.1, front panel[/li]
    [li]All drivers are up-to-date[/li]
    [li]Logitech mouse utility installed and up-to-date. Mouse firmware up-to-date.[/li]
    [li]Tried a selective boot with only windows services[/li]
    [li]Tried a different mouse[/li]

If I were faced with this problem, I would start with replacing mouse with a known good one - which you have apparently done. Then I would open Device Manager and check (using View tab) for 'hidden' devices and duplicates. However, since the user forum for this game has reports of "Cursor" and mouse glitches, it may be the game itself.

Back