MS Word Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a user who is getting the following error when trying to open a word document attached to an email that has been received:

"The document *DOCUMENT* caused a serious error the last time it was opened. You may continue opening it or perform data recovery by clicking "Recover Data". Clicking "Recover Data" will extract text out of your document but all formatting and pictures will be lost."

If I click "recover data" it does exactly what it says on the tin and loses all of the formatting (Not good)

If I click "open" word tries to open the document but freezes before the document is loaded and has to be shut down using task manager.

The document has been sent to various other people, who can all open it fine with no problems whatsoever. Each user has exactly the same permissions and the same system setup with Office 2003

I read on the Microsoft site that the solution could be to remove the document from the "Disabled Files" list within word, but this has not made any difference whatsoever

Any Ideas/Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Benny

I guess if you open that file on some other PC which is opening it without any issue, and re-save it with some other name, and then bring it back to the pc which is having these issue; may be it resolves the issue.

also try Save AS RTF on different system using same doc name.rtf,
bring back to first system and resave as name.doc and allow overwrite

The document has been sent to various other people, who can all open it fine with no problems whatsoever. Each user has exactly the same permissions and the same system setup with Office 2003
If attempts to fix the data file don't seem to help fix the problem for the one computer (while continues to work well on others) you might also try repairing the MS Office install (if not also trying an uninstall/reinstall if need be/ and is worth the effort) to try and fix

/ *edit *
Maybe you've already seen this but also look here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back