Mulitiple failure errors on a newly installed system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell laptop that had a memory dump error. It had not been reinstalled since purchase. I reinstalled the OS with no errors. It was little slow formatting. I was trying to download and install SP2 for XP and recieved the Session3_initialization_failed 0x0000006f. I am confused because windows was up and running fine. Initialization? So the next day while trying to download updates I recieve this error. Kernel_data_inpage_error stop;0x0000007a and below it said ntfs.sys address F75B1224 base at F755B000 date stamp 3D6DE5C1. Can anybody help me figure out what is going on. I have done research on this one too and it said something about memory problems. I am an IT student but I just started out so I need a little help???

Thanks

Hello, oxnerlt0815, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, are you getting blue screens and restarts?

IF you are, go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and put a few of your latest minidumps (about 4 or 5) into a zip folder and upload them as an attachment to a new reply in this thread.

If you're not receiving BSOD's (Blue Screen Of Death's) then try reinstalling Windows or doing a repair install.

could be corrupt NTFS or bad memory but the truth is nobody is going to be able to tell you without seeing your minidumps

You really should have followed dave's advice.

The minidumps show what was in memory at the time of the crash.

Let's go through your errors and explain what causes them:

Session3_initialization_failed 0x0000006f
Cause:It means a file critical to system initialization, such as Smss.exe, may be missing or corrupted.

stop;0x0000007a
Cause: Usually caused by a bad block (sector) in a paging file, a virus, a disk controller error, or failing RAM. In rare cases, it is caused when nonpaged pool resources run out. It is also caused by defective hardware.

For reading this error and what you said was below it this is what it was telling you
The four parameters listed in the message are defined in order of appearance as follows:

1.Lock type that was held (value 1, 2, 3, or Page Table Entry [PTE] address).

2.I/O status code.

3.Current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE).

4.Virtual address that could not be read into memory.

My suggestion would have been to use the recovery console -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058/EN-US/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back