SvenVS

Hi my name is Sven.
First of all, I'll give my system specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (version 340.52)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770S CPU @ 3.10 GHz
RAM: 8.00GB (7.89 available)
DirectX runtime version: 11.0

A few days ago my computer worked just fine. I didn't download or install something new recently, just watched some videos, played some games and browsed the web.Then suddenly when I wanted started it again the day after, it took a long time to get to the welcome screen, the desktop was loading really slow and the task bar wasn't reacting properly. I have no internet connection whatsoever (it doesn't find any networks although it's connected with a cable). After some time, I can manage to use windows explorer but at random points it freezes again or stops working. Sometimes it even takes minutes to open the start menu.
I began trying to find a solution by running CCleaner, scanning for registry errors, scanning for viruses or malware, and system repair, but none seemed to make things better.
When trying a clean start up (without services), a few things happened and I had to restart a few times. One thing that happened is something I've encountered a number of times before: the restart proces freezing at the formation of the windows logo. The 4 dots start spinning but then freeze and I have to hard reset the computer to reboot. Then it always asks to choose between start up repair or a normal restart. If I chose normal restart, I got a blue screen of death that said something about a memory dump crash error (or something), I don't really know for sure since it only appeared on my screen for a few seconds. It asked to remove all hardware like sound devices etc. and reboot. When I did, the same happened all over again, the freeze at the windows logo, the hard reset, the blue screen. After that I chose system repair. I had to hard reset again because the computer froze at the window asking to start or cancel the repair (I didn't even had a mouse). The second time I could click it and watched the details of the start up repair, where I found an error named 0x45d.
I also got a pop up from windows saying the current windows installed isn't legit and I had to reinstall it, even though it is legit I assure you.
I have already asked for help on the malware forum of this site, and with the help of a malware annihilator (as the site calls him) I got to know my computer probably isn't infected with a virus or something (he said he didn't find anything malicious in the files I sent him) and he suggested asking for help on this forum.

I have checked for dust in my computer, but since I don't know much about hardware I didn't remove anything to check for more dust, but I think the lot of it must be gone.
I thought I could upload soms mini dump files, but there is only 1 inside the C:/windows/minidump map, and I can't upload it here because it says it has an extension that isn't allowed (.dmp)

Hope someone can help me out!!

Try doing a minidump upload this way. Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending all the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here

Sorry for the late reply, have been without network services due to constructions in my street :/
But thanks for reacting. Like I said above there is only one minidump file in the specified map. Here it is.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
Do you have Daemon Tools installed? If you do, un-install it and try free Slysoft's Virtual CloneDrive. A Daemon tools driver is being flagged in the last minidump

Yes I do. I'll uninstall it immediately. Do I need to install slysoft's virtual clonedrive or is it a recommended replacement program for daemon tools?

Last edited:
Ah, no BSOD, but that only happened after the clean startup. I can start the computer 'normally', it just takes really long. Actually the more I tried to repair and reboot, the more trouble it gave me starting up, freezing in system repair and BOSD and such.

The BOSD was something I only got after trying a clean startup and/or system repair or start up repair. Actually the more I tried to fix or check things, the more trouble I got starting up. I can start the computer 'normally' now, it's just super slow. So the situation the problem started with actually.

When rebooting after doing so, I got a notification that said the system repair isn't completed. It asks to turn off any anti virus program and do it again. Error code 0x80070005

Now it froze again during start up at the windows logo. So I'm pretty sure it'll ask to choose between start up repair or normal start next time I want to start up. For now I had to do a forced shut down again using the power button.

I'm not sure if I have the install CD lying around here, otherwise I'll have to contact the person that put the PC together (it's customized).
But does re-installing windows mean everything on the PC will be lost? Like programs, files etc.

Alright I have a clean windows installed now. I think I'll just have to re-install the drivers for it to work properly. But everything else seems fine, start up back at normal speed so I guess the problem is fixed. Toobad it had to be total reset though.
In any case, thank you very much :D

Back