Multi-dots on screen

Psdfreak

any ideas why i am geting this random dots that appear and disappear on my screen?
i overlocked my graphic card 5-8 times for 30mins or something each time but that was long ago like 30 days ago.
i have acer x233h montior and 8400gs video card if u can help me i would appercaite it :(

it is tight but i think my video card is failing any ideas why?
i meant the thing costed $50 and i dont want to spend anymore money :(

Open up the computer and see if the video card has a fan and that it is clean running a dust free. Check any other fans too

i turned it off to rest last night and now its back to normal
gona check the fans too cuz it might be that , thanks lot u just saved my life :D
my dad would killed me if he thought it was broken xD

there were lot of dust on the cpu and nothing on the card, it was clean, i cleaned the cpu fan anyways and tunred the computer on after cleaning it
but theres still Small ammount of dots showing up on black colors on the screen(picuters and movies)

i removed the video card and checked my cpu and it was hot lot .i connected the montior to the normal card that comes with ur computer,it runed fine with no dots.
i waited for a while and still no dots so i turned it off and check the cpu and it was a bit warm,

I have Pentium 4 3.20GHZ
any other ideas?

You might try to clean off the old CPU thermal paste, and apply a small amount of new paste. You can use rubbing alcohol to clean off the old paste

Ha, lol its pentium 4 , but idk about how old it is, i think like 4 yrs max maybe?
i builded it myself , found it in the garbage and started it as a class project, and yea i think i found it on the metaly thing and on the cpu

werid thing now is its not showing up , i will get a newer cpu at the end of the school year and see if that helps

Okay replace the thermal compound when you can. Be sure to clean off the old compound first. Don't just replace the CPU, upgrade the motherboard, CPU and memory all at once, to one of the newer Intel CPU's

why the motherboard?
and i bought the rams with the video card about 4 months ago now they are 1gb each i cant remmber the name of them but they are new

and yea i will clean that thermal thing when i get a chance and i will tell u if it made any differnce

Back