Multimedia Video controller problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. My computer keeps telling me on startup that i am missing the multimedia video controller drivers and i can't find them any where can somebody help me.

Multimedia Video Controller PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_0100&SUBSYS_011113F6&REV_10\3&61AAA01&0&48 This device is not configured correctly.
This is what i found in system information.

Thank You

1. Check if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
  • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, copy/paste the output to save it for later
2. Click here to check if you're running 32 or 64 bit windows
3, IF you are running 32 bit windows install/run DriverMax to see if it can't identify your devices and drivers (it won't work with 64-bit windows)
4. If you still have problems, post
=> What version of windows are you running (xp home or pro, etc or Vista version) and Service Pack Level
=> Run another Problem Report (as you did in step 1). Post the problem reports

Thanks for responding so quickly. Unfortunatly DriverMax did not identify the problem.
I am running windows xp home edition, service pack 3 (32 bit)

And here is the problem report again.
Multimedia Video Controller PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_0100&SUBSYS_011113F6&REV_10\3&61AAA01&0&48 This device is not configured correctly.

Thanks for your help.

You might need to reinstall your motherboard drivers or the video card drivers if you have a video card installed. What are your complete computer specs

Windows is, indeed, complaining about your audio chip. Appears to be a CMI8338/PCI C3DX made by C-Media Electronics of Taiwan.

The next step to look for its driver, is from vendor who integrated the chip into the system you're running. To do that, please
Download and run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:
  • Click File->Preferences
    • Check English
    • Still under Preferences click Report, uncheck Include Debug Information
    • Close Preferences window
  • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report in plain text. Check items
    • Computer
    • Motherboard
  • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)

Thanks again for replying.
I have attached the report to this post as requested.

Thank you

I have just resolved the problem.
I disabled the device and them re-enabled it and this time it worked.
Sorry for the trouble and thanks for helping me.

Thank you

Attachments

• Report.txt
    38 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back