Multimedia video controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aximilator

Hi everybody,

I am trying to have dual monitors so i have a desktop pc and am trying to add my 19" lcd emerson tv as my secondary monitor. I have recently put an s-video card into my pc and when i turn on the pc an add new hardware screen pops up. so i follow all the steps and then it searches for the software required for it to work and then after a couple minutes it stops and says that it could not install it due to it not finding the right software for it to install. So what do i do to install this device so i can have my dual screens. Ive been all over the web to try to figure out how and i cant find anything. So could somebody please hook me up with an installation download of the software to make the multimedia video controller work. Or something. please help!!!

Thanks in advance

> Do you have a make/model of that video card?
> Did the card come with a CD or software to install?
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Hey i typed msinfo32 into run and it brought up the systems help and support menu is there another way i would be able to get to it? I do not have any cd or manual of the such because i got it out of a friends pc and it was working fine in his. Yes everything is on and connected. It is a card that i put into a slot that has s-video and a yellow component video port. Does it matter where i plug it in? I put it in an empty white slot next to the ethernet port card. Thanks, sorry for any confusion.

Hey i got msinfo32 to work and this is what it said under problem tab: Multimedia Video Controller PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_0350&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_12\4&2C53C0AE&0&48F0 The drivers for this device are not installed.

oh yeah sorry bout that, i am currently running 32.
why does it make a difference?
Thanks for the help so far.

32 bit what? xp, vista or win 7

it looks like a pretty old video card.. i think Pinnacle Systems StudioTV...

if lucky i might find a driver for 32 bit XP (tho even that seems hard to find. all the download links so far are dead). If you have Vista, Win 7 or 64bit i'm pretty sure no drivers would exist for those

For 32 bit XP, you can try this download link

That's my best guess... Take all the normal precautions (like backing all your stuff up first) before trying it out.. but do so at your own risk.. (i don't think it should cause problems even if it doesn't work.. but, just in case, you need to be prepared before trying this out)

"We're sorry,

There might be a problem with the page you were trying to visit.

Please try again later..." this is what it said when getting on the site.

The card is one that goes into the pci slot, its an s-video card if there is any other info you need let me know.

I downloaded it and it wants me to register(pay 20$) what do i do? i dont have the money. but i did the scan and it did not even bring up the multi media video controller. ant suggestions? thanks

That's really odd! That site was happy to simply download the file yesterday but today it's acting different. When i try downloading that same file today it wants me to download an "updater". (don't do that!)

Luckily, i still have the StudioTV download file on my computer. I'll upload a copy for you somewhere and notify by a new post on here later

Done. Look here then download StudioPCTVPCI402a.zip. Unzip and try the install.

(so weird that the other site changed from free to pay in 24 hours! or maybe i caught it yesterday for free was a fluke. but in any case, glad you didn't pay anything)

give this one a shot.. hope it helps.. not sure there's any other driver install to try

yeah thanks, what it wanted me to download was an updater, it was free but after i scan i have to pay to fix problem. i will try the link thanks i will let you know

After installing the download you may need to reboot as well

If the driver installs correctly
> That controller should no longer appear in msinfo32 Problem Report AND
> A new video controller should now appear in Device Manager

What do i do now, i installed it and it went through all the tests all of which were successful and then i checked if it worked by going to the msinfo32 and the multimedia video controller under the problem devices tab was gone BUT was replaced with the following:

Studio PCTV PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_0350&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_12\4&2C53C0AE&0&48F0 This device cannot start.

thanks for the help so far. and yes there was a new video controller under the device manager. so how do i now get dual monitors or just be able to display 1 monitor but on a 19" lcd instead. it is plugged into the card and wont work i just have a blue screen.

After looking again, it does not have the controller in the problems tab. but the new video device thing you said did not show, instead it was just my current monitor but now it lists the monitor before it did not. idk what to please help! :(

Sorry but i don't know what else to suggest :(

I basically tried to find what i could about the device based on its hardware ID. That revealed
> The controller was released back around 2001 (so it's a bit old)
> Appeared to be a product from Pinnacle Systems
> Seemed to have worked (at least for some) with Pinnacle Systems' StudioTV version 4 (the install file i found and you tried installing)

Other then that there's no other info available. And Pinnacle Systems is no longer providing any support or documentation for that video card or their old version 4 software. So I don't have any other info on how to otherwise install and/or use it or info about the software or if maybe the device just isn't working anymore :dead: Sorry....

:( okay...thanks for all the help anyway. Its not the end of the world... i guess.
I really appreciated all the info and assistance you provided :)
see you around....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back