Hello,

I recently build a new system. Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 860
Motherboard: MSI P55-GD65
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: GeIL GV34GB1333C7DC 2x 2GB DDR3
GPU: Club3D HD 5850 1GB (CGAX-58524IDP)
PSU : Cooler Master Real Power M620
HDs: Intel Postville SSDSA2MH080G2C1 80GB, Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, 1TB

However, I have been experiencing BSODs with different descriptions, but PFN_LIST_CORRUPT appears to be the most common one. This seems to be related to memory, so I ran a memory test, which didnt detect any errors.

The crashes happen mostly during games, but it also happened while installing a media player plugin for firefox, and - I think - twice within 5 mins after a cold start.

I'm kind of stuck now. I know how to handle PCs quite well, but this is a bit over my head. Can anybody help me?

Attached are my 8 most recent minidumps.

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    171.3 KB · Views: 1
Five of the most recent minidump files were read.

Two of your errors are 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
This memory management error is usually hardware related.

The other 3 are 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and this error code is quite possibly the single strongest indicator that the problem lies with corrupted memory. In fact one file specifically cited memory corruption as the cause of your problems and coupled with the 0xA1 errors along with your sysmptoms this is probably the case.

How many times did you allow Memtest to Pass? The minimumum is 7 Passes and the more the better. Did you try running this test per stick with a minimum of 7 Passes per stick?

I can't remember how many times I ran it, but probably less than four. I ran it on both sticks at the same time.

I'll run it on both sticks trough the night (and probably a bit of the day) for at least 7, but probably 10 times. If that doesnt turn up anything I will run the memtest one stick at a time.

Thanks for giving me some new stuff to work with!

After running Memtest then go into your BIOS and check the voltage setting for your RAM and compare what your motherboard has set this at to what your RAM manufacture's specs are.

Sometimes memory corruptions aren't due to the memory being bad but rather the motherboard setting the memory voltage not according to the manufacture's specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back