Multiple Vista BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, that i'm unable to determine, i've gotten a nasty string of BSOD's on a new machine with Vista 64. It's been running well for the last few weeks but last night it started throwing out blue screens. It now blue screens shortly after restarting.

It seems as if these problems arose while monkeying around troubleshooting an error with COD WaW multiplayer, but i didnt get to any software/driver changes before blue screens started.

I was able to retrieve the minidumps while in safe mode and send them to my work machine. I've attached 5 zipped for your review.

All five errors were different codes and the most significant that I can see is the 0xA because these errors are strong indications of a hardware issue. In particular it cites memory corruption and bad RAM will create all kinds of error code reads and make a system very unstable. Thus try the following...

Run Memtest on your RAM:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.
5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test.

* Let us know of the results.

Both sticks have run 11 complete passes with no errors.

I'm wondering if i have the bios settings nailed down for running this ram in dual channel

thanks for the help thus far

so who's the guru to talk to about getting 2x2g GSkill 1066 setup on a gigabyte EP45-UD3P. i thought i saw a post about cranky trying out GSkill ram on a UD3R?

i've obviously missed something as the system cold boots and posts immediately with either stick of ram individually but cycles a couple of times with both sticks. it's never has an issue on restart, so I havent been very worried with it.

I would suggest going to the forum here that deals with memory and ask them about your RAM and your motherboard, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back