Musicmatch...opens, then closes????

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of a sudden MMJB wont stay open. It plays its theme opens for about a second then closes. Have re-installed, no help. Closed all Norton aplications, re-installed, no help. Turned spyware doctor(PC Tools0 off tried re-installing, no help. tried restoring back to several days and even months but xp says it cant. im dazzeled at this point. i even uninstalled the last few programs i downloaded, no help.
can you help?, Please!

Thank you
Eric

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Looks like you`ve tried all the right things.

Let`s see if you have something nasty on your system. Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment and I`ll take a look.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Here is the log. Wanted to let you know that this problem is on my laptop & my desktop cpu's. the funny thing is that yesterday we installed MMJB V8.0 on the laptop used it for my sons ipod, then later that evening the problem started.
My father said to try unistalling windows latest updates , did it, now the program launches with its tips window open, everythings ok, them when i close the tips window the whole thing shuts down again. I unchecked the "Show Tips" box, tried opening and now we are back to the same problem, it opens then closes.

Thank you again,

Eric

Nothing in your HJT log that would cause that.

It`s got to be some kind of software conflict, or that particular version has a major bug. Maybe completely uninstall MMJB V8.0 and see if you can get hold of an earlier version.

You should also take a look at the manufacturers website. There maybe info or patches available, as it may be a known issue.

Regards Howard :)

Problem Solved

Hey Howard, I tried unistalling all windows updates back to 2 months ago and still nothing.
Tonight after getting home from a gig i decided to uninstall Itunes........ ta Dah........MMJB works fine now....go figure.
Double checked myself by reinstalling all windows updates and everything is still working.
My son recently purchased a Ipod Nano second generation. I had to go get the newest ipod version (version 7 i believe). also while the Ipod was hooked up it had to update its software so it could be something in the update.

Dont know what Im gonna do when he comes over to load more songs.

Thanks for your help,

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back