My 350th Post - Techspot Enthusiast

woody1191

Well its been 5 months since i joined as a Newbie with Comp problems didn't know hardly anything about Hardware, once my problems had been solved i started learning more, I read books researched on the Internet for 2 and a Half Months (from Mid April to End Of June) having been off Techspot for that time.

I came back on after I had finished College till September and have posted about 250 posts since the beginning of July and have learned a lot more while on here as well, thanks to the users who helped me originally back in March (I think those users were Kimsland and Zenosincks there maybe others not sure can't remember too much).

Hopefully my posts have helped people who have come on with their problems.

And also a Special thanks to Julio and the Mods for such a great forum :D.

Thanks Again Woody1191.

Hope I Haven't wrote to much ehh :).

There are about 20 techs with 6000 or more posts and one has over 16000 posts, last I looked.

Yes but the thing is that I'm only 17 still learning and have just finished my First Year in College, I'm obviously not going to be like most Techs on here yourself included because of my Age.

Really you could give me a break on that.
I've only posted a thread about my 350th post to see if people think I have helped and Special Thanks to Julio as I have said above.

Your the first one to comment and with a negative post, next time I might as well not bother shall I if you come on like that.You must like to discourage people raybay because this is the second time you have said something negative when I comment I don't know if anyone else thinks this.

Hope it makes you feel better when you comment like that because you'll keep getting a essay from me everytime you do this. And yes I can defend myself from Negative People like you.

I think it is interesting that you would think of that as a negative post. It was not. It was merely to point out how much others have invested in time and knowledge since this site began in 2002.

Congrats on your youth and willingness to help others.

As the Pied Piper was heard to say, 'Even though you can't please all the people all the time, it is worth trying to please some people when you can.'

Or words to that effect.

:)

I see it as a Negative Post because you are basically taking the fact that i have said my 350th post and you go and point out people have posted more.

Sort of a low blow isn't it?

Yes I know people on here have posted more and I clearly know that most people on here are way smarter than me, the thing still stands that I am 17 and not in the Comp Industry properly yet.

If you want to continue this Argument then do so because I will not bother commenting after this and will not get in your way, or we can finish it politely now like Civilized people should and end it at this (Your Choice), I may have taken your post the wrong way you intended it, but I still see it as a Negative post.

Edit: Just been writing another Essay for Raybay, Thanks CCT hopefully I won't be getting more p****d off with Raybays' comments.
Good saying as well never heard that before :), my Dad tells me all sorts of sayings some which are way too rude for posting on here.

I think it is interesting that you would think of that as a negative post. It was not. It was merely to point out how much others have invested in time and knowledge since this site began in 2002.

This site didn't begin in 2002. It was operating well before that. Those of us who have been around since nearly the beginning are aware of that. The forum has gone through many changes. I joined in 2000(I think) when the site was using, I believe, the Jawbreaker forum software instead of VBB. Others have been here as far back as 1998.

I joined in Dec 99 I believe, just before I got my first custom PC. It was on ubb then I think, but shortly after moved to Jawbreaker. Then moved to this, which is why several of us have register dates of Feb 02, and nobody before that.

But as near as I can tell from looking at several of the most esteemed posters, nobody has a count before February 2002.
So anyone who has made long term contributions may have many more posts than the count, but this current count began in February 2002... A remarkable service of advice and support to the technical and common user communities.

And you, SNGX1275, are representative of that fine service and reservoir of knowledge.

Thank you for your leadership and good judgment.

Yes, I'd say that the post count would not have stayed, so you are correct. raybay, the point is that for all we know, woody could be the next great helper such as sngx. Even if he didn't start out as intelligent as SNGX, he could get there.

could get there.
Pretty sure the Admin of Autopatcher is 22, and started at 14 or something.
Actually many Admins are young on the tech side of forums

Well done woody1191 :grinthumb you Enthusiastic member

Yes but the thing is that I'm only 17 still learning and have just finished my First Year in College, I'm obviously not going to be like most Techs on here yourself included because of my Age.

Really you could give me a break on that.

Pay no heed to him. Keep on posting young man.

Well glad to see my thread has brought a little debate on about previous posts and versions of the forums :)

I was just wondering when did Julio make SNGX a Mod or was he a Mod very early on.

Maybe I could rename myself LittleSNGX :haha: :haha: ;)

No really I like my username the way it is :).

Yep your getting close :), I'm posting at about 7-8 a day sometimes more, I'd posted about 20-25 the day I posted this thread and they weren't in here either mainly in the Windows OS forum and Other Hardware.

My actual Daily Post Count in my profile is just under 2.40 a day and increasing.

I'm trying to learn more currently on Malware Removal and hopefully when I go back to College I will Grasp the Logic to VB.Net, I still struggling to learn it and it makes it even harder when trying to learn HTML and CSS at the same time (While At College).

Hopefully SNGX will remember when he was made a Mod if he hasn't got forgetful :). I was also wondering if anyone was still on here from when the website started in 98 apart from Julio (obviously).

I was also wondering if anyone was still on here from when the website started in 98 apart from Julio (obviously).

Forum Pic
http://web.archive.org/web/20010626065515/http://www.3dspotlight.com/forum/boardicons/title01.jpg
Perhaps another pic: https://www.techspot.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2

About:
http://web.archive.org/web/20000815210132/www.3dspotlight.net/about.shtml

Board
http://web.archive.org/web/20010613074811/www.3dspotlight.com/forum/board.php

Archives:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.3dspotlight.com

You can Login here: (but I don't think anyone will check your messages though!)
http://web.archive.org/web/20010522200100/www.3dspotlight.com/forum/login.php

Lots of people are still around to some degree:
SNGX1275
Per Hansson
LNCPapa
Jellobones (Possibly Rick ?)
MrGaribaldi
Nodsu
Phantasm66
3DSThomas
Crazyace01
PanicX

I couldn't find the entire Members List, but I'm sure it's there somewhere

...woody could be the next great helper such as sngx. Even if he didn't start out as intelligent as SNGX, he could get there.
:blush: Perhaps 'knowledgable' is a better word? And I didn't start out here knowledgable, I came here to get some advice before ordering parts for my first custom PC. Which was only my 2nd pc ever. Had been using a Mac SE/30 and then later a Performa 450 as my first 'modern' computers. Everything I know now is from either making mistakes, reading mistakes/problems from others here, and to a lesser extent free reading on my own online.

As for when I was made a mod, it was back sometime when we were on Jawbreaker, but not early on on that board. Maybe a year to year and a half after the Jawbreaker switch, probably 6 months or less before we switched to this. Things were quite a bit different back then, if I came in now I doubt I would be a mod within a year and a half.

Those are some interesting links kimsland, I laughed at the link you posted above where Julio and the other people had cut and pasted their Heads on what looked like people with some Coloured Space Suits :haha:.

I was even reading news as far back as September 2000, bit behind the times :).

You can Login here: (but I don't think anyone will check your messages though!)
http://web.archive.org/web/20010522200100/www.3dspotlight.com/forum/login.php

I couldn't login on there. It seems the last posts were Oct 2001, it seems to act very odd when I first loaded it the last post was Jun 2001 while when I clicked on a Board I came back and it changed to Oct 2001, very odd?, doesn't matter anyway

Lots of people are still around to some degree:
SNGX1275
Per Hansson
LNCPapa
Jellobones (Possibly Rick ?)
MrGaribaldi
Nodsu
Phantasm66
3DSThomas
Crazyace01
PanicX
Those ones I assume don't come on anymore never seen them before likewise Jellobones but he seems to be Rick now so I have seen him on here.

Back