My CD ROM won't load in the drive

I place my symantec cd into the drive and nothing happens. I tested to see if it was my cd drive, but it's not. I loaded 2 other cd's perfectly fine. I've never posted here and I'm wondering if anyone would know the reason why. A few things to bear in mind, I recently had to wipe my computer due to a virus (I removed it but the computer ran a little slow sometimes), and this cd isn't store bought. It's symantec burned onto a cd, it's not boot-legged, it's a company copy of symantec and it won't load. This is the only kind of anti-virus that I have available for me

---------------------editting
I made a mistake, it does load; however, whenever I try to access the cd, it takes me the cd but with no accessable files, it says there's 263 mb free of 702...not sure what to do here

See if this might apply [post=815753]CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters[/post]

Oh. just noted in your post: Is the problem specific to the Symantec CD???. Try cleaning it. p.s. You wipe CDs using horizontal NOT circular strokes.

Back