My computer plays random sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneVr6

I tried a google search of this problem but I am still experiencing issues.

My computer will occasionally play random sounds and audio. Like just 5 minutes ago I heard half a commerical about I dont even know what because it cuts off out of nowhere. I attached a log of all my running processes in case anyone can find something that does not belong. I know it is not any IM client because I know what they sound like and I dont have an IM client running anyway.

Any help you can give me is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    6.9 KB · Views: 13
I googled these and they come up as trojans and should be removed.

O23 - Service: mabidwe Service (mabidwe) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\mabidwe.exe
O23 - Service: noytcyr Service (noytcyr) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\noytcyr.exe
O23 - Service: roytctm Service (roytctm) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\roytctm.exe
O23 - Service: soxpeca Service (soxpeca) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\soxpeca.exe
O23 - Service: tdydowkc Service (tdydowkc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\tdydowkc.exe
O23 - Service: wsldoekd Service (wsldoekd) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wsldoekd.exe

wsldoekd.exe - DangerousWe suggest you to remove wsldoekd.exe from your computer as soon as possible. Wsldoekd.exe is Trojan/Backdoor. Kill the process wsldoekd.exe and remove ...
www.greatis.com/appdata/d/w/wsldoekd.exe.htm

Follow instructions for removal in links at top of forum.

Will Norton360 be able to get rid of these processes? I tried to do it manually but it gives me errors and i cant stop them. The link you provided wanted me to download UnHackMe..which i dont want to pay for. I bought Norton360 and i would rather just use that.

I did a recent reinstall and decided not to put norton back on due to firewall and space issues, but i now have a 500GB external HDD so space no longer matters.

Should Norton do the trick?
Thanks i didnt realize i had these many dangerous files on my computer....HOW?? haha

sorry about the link! was just for information purposes.

Yes Norton should do it.
but if it does not i think you can remove them HJT (sorry havn'used it in a while)

if norton scan does not work then download "superAntispyware" (free version) from this link
http://www.superantispyware.com/.

InsaneVr6 appears to be among the early infections for this trojan and not many of the engines can detect this trojan (as of 9-29-08)

http://virscan.org/report/52d39b061838511a757cd93d90585fcf.html

If current tools can't detect, they won't remove.

User will need to stop the related service. Delete the suspect files and directories.
Often it is necessary to delete the files while running in safe mode.

There are specialize "kill process" tools that experts here may need to call into play to remove these nasties. Apparently, I did not spot the process on the list of processes that is causing this.

At least one of the suspect o23 entries originated in China. This clue may help the user recall events leading to this infection that can be shared here.

Please use this website to run an 8-step process this is from Techspot and is an excellent resource to remove spywrae/malware/trojans. One may be tempted to bypass a process or two. I would recommend you resist the temptation. After doing this a status update would be great!
Good luck.
Regards.

OK here's the update. Because i still don't want to reinstall Norton360 due to its use of my resources, i ran HJT again and ran the scan and let it fix them, I am not sure if this worked because now i have to restart my computer. i will check the logs again after the restart. Thanks everyone with your help so far..ill post back with my results.

Ok well that did not work. Time for Norton to give it a shot. I will install Norton360 shortly and post back my results with that. If that does not work, ill try using FreeAntiSpyware or the 8-step process here...

Norton 360?? Well it slows you up, But people like it cause it's sort of user friendly.
and its a well known name.

And when people have paid subscriptions! be rough to suggest they out it.

I agree that Norton360 is not the best there is but its what i have, and it works fine for me, i just wish it was a tad smaller. I decided not to install norton but started looking at the 8 steps here on TS. I have SuperAntiSpyware scanning now...already found 150 infected files.........strange because my computer runs completely fine only the random advertisments i hear out of nowhere....didnt know i had all these trojans and tracking cookies.

So after i let SuperAntiSpyware scan and remove all issues, i ran HJT again and noticed that the 023 services are still there, but next to them in the program it says "(file missing)" but it doesnt say that in the .txt log that it saved. So I dont know if this means they are gone or not, any clue?....should run SuperAntiSpyware again? Im considering reinstalling the OS because i dont deal well with virus's that dont go away!

Please visit this website for a preliminary explanation of what may be going on with your OS. Please take a look at this prior to reformatting your HD. http://hjt.networktechs.com/
At this website one can paste a log of the HJT and click the 'parse' button and will give you a prelim as to what may be going on with your OS. Like to hear back how things are going.

Regards.

Fixed!

All of the trojans running in my resources are now GONE! I am relieved i didnt have to install Norton or resintall. Thanks to everyone who helped me out all of my logs are clean now. If you all still want to see them I will be happy to post them up, but i would have to run all 3 programs again to get the clean logs, otherwise i would just be posting logs that say i am still infected. So if I am required to post them i will....tomorrow.

Nonetheless my computer now only plays sounds when i tell it to! Thanks to all who helped me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back