My computer randomly freezes, crashes and restarts.

roman2011

Ok, it sounds silly but it does exactly that. Sometimes it restarts itself, sometimes it just freezes and sometimes it gives the BSOD. Totally randomly. It may happen few times within one hour or it may not happen for a day. Usually it happens few times a day.
Here is what I have done:
1. Cleaned all the dust.
2. Tried to remove memory sticks one by one and run with just one of them. If I only have one stick it crashes less often but still does.
3. Run memtest with one memory stick. After 30 passes still no errors.
4. Upgraided from vista to windows7 ultimate.
5. Checked power supply voltage - OK. Re-checked next day - still OK.
6. Checked processor temperature with everest and speedfan. Looks OK though T goes up to 47-50 the maximum is 55 for my Athlon 64x2 5000+.

Don't know what else I could do... Here I attach 5 latest minidumps and I would really appreciate any help.

Attachments

• 092011-22932-01.zip
    118.1 KB · Views: 2
So then this is a hardware problem then... Not a software or driver issue, or maybe a it's a software personal choice

Don't know if this will be of any help, but I also noticed that if I'm logged in as administrator it crashes/freezes more often than if i'm logged as user...

I added to my last reply, any software used on Vista and now on Win 7?

Nothing special. I have MS office, photoshop, Mozilla etc. No games of special applications...

Update. Actually on vista I had LabView and Visual Studio. But I did not install them on windows7.

"If I only have one stick it crashes less often but still does"...
Reset the bios to the defaults, then replace the memory errors or not

OK. So, you think it is either memory or motherboard?

By the way I left the computer running overnight and it did not crash (yet)...

"By the way I left the computer running overnight and it did not crash (yet)"...

The bios reset might have done the trick in getting rid of the BSOD's

Tmagic,
Thanks for your help. I will look for the new motherboard. You are not the first expert who blames the motherboard and I think it makes sense...
I appreciate your advises and at least after resetting bios it does not freeze/crashes that often...

Just a quick update.
The problem was a bad motherboard. I installed a new one and for a week had no problems at all.
Tmagic, thanks again!

Back