My computer suddenly forgot that Wifi existed

Hello everyone! This is my first post so please be a little forgiving with my wording. I am fairly experienced with computers but please try to put your language in layman's terms.

The other night I restarted my computer to an unwanted autohotkey script (it was a dumb thing to do anyway. An auto click for an fps game). After the restart was complete, I have no internet access and wifi does not even attempt to connect. Instead of the wifi bars, I have an image that looks like a monitor with a cable next to it. There is also a red x. Here is some info for you guys:

• I have a Lenovo desktop that currently runs Windows 10 home edition. It came with 8.1 and then I upgraded, but wifi previously worked fine.
  • Internet Connection info:
    • I have a Realtek 8821AE WLan 802.11ac PCI-E NIC adapter for internet, and it appears that my Bluetooth also doesn't work at the moment, also a Realtek product.
    • I have Verizon router that may be made by Actiontek(?). Idk
  • Here is the output for my Ipconfig all:
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name: (The name of my computer)
Primary DNS Suffix:
Node Type: Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled: No
WINS Proxy Enabled: No

Ethernet Adapter Ethernet:
Media State: Disconnected
Connection Specific DNS Suffix:
Description: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address: (Some string of #s)
DHCP Enabled: Yes
Autoconfig Enabled: Yes

• In the device manager, both my Wifi and Bluetooth adapters have yellow caution marks.
If you guys need anything more feel free to tell me as I really need this fixed. @joebeard

Probably a wonderful windows 10 update updated your drivers for you! You could try rolling back to your previous drivers for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Probably a wonderful windows 10 update updated your drivers for you! You could try rolling back to your previous drivers for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
This isn't due to Windows 10, as the drivers worked fine for months and only began acting up today.

Several people had their video drivers updated by win 10 automatic update and it messed them up. You could go to device manager and try to let it find new drivers. Have you had a power surge recently?

Several people had their video drivers updated by win 10 automatic update and it messed them up. You could go to device manager and try to let it find new drivers. Have you had a power surge recently?
Trust me, it's not windows 10. I did have to force shutdown a couple times though (with the plug and/or button). It may have had the same effect as a power surge.

Stewing over "what happened & how did it get this way" is futile and not productive. The facts are the drivers are messed up (aka yellow / red flags showing up). Find the correct drivers and get those flags off and you will be able to use both wired & wifi again.

Back