My graphic card started weakening

Hello,
I bought my self graphic card 1,5 years ago
And somehow it started to be realy weak
lets say i play a video game and i try to minimize it
it could sometimes last for minute or 2.
And about year ago on ati tray tool i had 400-500 fps now i have only about 250-300
Please help me

amd athlon x2 64 2,61
ati radeon hd 4650
2gb memory

You might want to check those fps numbers, I doubt even the top quad-fire/SLI setup will get you 400-500fps on MW2 :)

In any case, you will only notice the difference if your monitor has a fast enough refresh rate, e.g. if your monitor is 60Hz there is no visible difference between 60fps and 600fps.

You might want to check those fps numbers, I doubt even the top quad-fire/SLI setup will get you 400-500fps on MW2 :)

In any case, you will only notice the difference if your monitor has a fast enough refresh rate, e.g. if your monitor is 60Hz there is no visible difference between 60fps and 600fps.

hahah u missunderstood i said i had 400-500 fps on ATI TRAY TOOL on the picture next thats spining

Graphics cards aren't the only piece of hardware used in playing video games. There are an assortment of issues that could cause you to have an FPS drop. Most notably would be overheating of your RAM, CPU or GPU. Insure that you have proper ventilation to those parts, and if applicable, reapply some AS5 to your CPU's heatsink and your northbridge.

Hopefully you haven't overlooked the simple things like fragmentation, spyware and virus removal, excess processes running in the background. I'm a strong believer in a reformat every year or so. Backup what you need, reformat and start anew. No amount of defrag and registry cleaner can get you running with a clean slate.

Back