My laptop fell

bigwat

hi my laptop just fell, i turned it on and it gave me a good start up, a little later it went black and i had to turn it off, but i dont know what's going on can someone please help me?

where is my start menu

ok my start menu wont come up all of a sudden, i have to use the desktop to open programes, or task manager, i eve tried to 'run' exeplorer.exe from task manager and it wont work.
At first when i restarted it, the start menu came up abot 15 secs but then dusappeared, the windows when minimized, i cant see them, i have to bring them up font in the task manager.
help me please!!

Sorry to hear about the crash. That is painful to go through.

Look for inpact damage... hairline cracks... little pieces broken off... if not too badly damaged then you could get lucky and find that parts were just knocked loose, and simply need a removal and reseating.

If you are skilled with tools, remove the keyboard and bezel, and all the ports with screws holding things closed. Remove and reinstall everything... sometimes you get lucky.

Of if you have a friend or a neighbor who likes to work on computers get them to partiallly disassemble and reassemble everything...

Look for impact damage around sockets, hinges... look carefully for separation of components...

It is likely that you will need to replace the hard drive, or remove and reinstall software. You can put the drive into an external USB enclosure, to drag and drop valuable data to another computer. Then run the original Windows software to reformat and reinstall a clean version. Sometimes that is all it needs.

But also be aware that the problem can become more troublesome unless you get into repair mode... You can lose data, or have components fail.

Tell us more about the computer... by brand, model, and age... how far it dropped, and what immovable object(s) did it hit.

ok it's a imb t41(lenova) had it about two years now and it fell from a small study desk, i pulled it up and looked for little skrew ups oand such but coudn't find any.

I'm starting to get a little confused - why bump this thread? I see you started another - my recommendation is to take the laptop to the tech who diagnosed the "driver" issue and tell him exactly what happened. Ten to one you knocked something loose in the laptop itself and it needs to be looked at by a professional.

What the technician said

ok the tech. said that my motherboard was damaged sum'n like the visual part(somechip probably) is damaged so i diont know if there's an alternative way,tho he did say that it cut be cut and replaced but i dont know exactly.He also said that the problem came up when the laptop starts to heat up, so if anyone can give alittle info on the situation i'll be glad.

The person who looked at it will know what’s wrong with it. We don't have the benefit of having stripped and inspected it, so we'd all be spit-balling ideas, rather than discussing what’s really wrong.

You need to ask the person that stripped it and ask him/her to explain exactly what’s wrong.

Back