My Laptop keep shutting down at exactly 30 min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have weird problem with my Dell Inspiron 5521

It's shutting down itself every exactly 30min

I believe that it is not heat issue because I send this laptop to clean up fan and replace themal silicone at cpu with Dell Authorize shop.

** Last temp. before shutdown is 45 Celcius **

I have log this shutdown event with several condition and its still shut itself every exact 30 min

With Chillpad - 30 min
On/Off Wifi - 30 min
No Batterry 30 min
Power by Battery 30min
Shutdown even in BIOS mode

Solution I have try
Format and install Window 7/8
Flash Bios

Thank you for your help!

Yes, I have set my laptop to never go sleep.

I dnt think it is about Power setting because Its still turn off at exactly 30 min even in BIOS.

I really mean exactly 30 min to the minute.

What should I do with that cmos battery?

Can I replace by myself or I should send this laptop to repairman?

But last time He cant figure out what happen to my laptop........ :(

Thank you :)

Honestly, with everything you've tried its sounds like that laptop is a lemon. Its definitely a power management issue, possibly at the BIOS level. There are some viruses that can do weird stuff like that but if you've already reformatted and flashed the BIOS there is something wrong with that machine on the hardware or BIOS level.

I also found that if its can stay longer than 30 min (which is 1 in 10-20 times), No more shutdown even for next 48 hrs.

I guess that it was some routine check of BIOS at exact 30 min. but dont know why it was sometime excuse for routine check?

The worst thing is that it happen just 3 day after my warranty expired.

Thank you

Sounds like the laptop is over heating, from dried out thermal paste or pads. This can be fixed by a laptop repair facility... fairly cheaply:)

I am a laptop repair tech. I have had this issue with a Lenovo. I replaced the thermal paste/grease several times. I have checked the fan, its working well. I'm not posting here for help, but just sharing the experience. I have already given up and sold it to someone, telling them the issue it was having. They seemed okay with it.

Strange thing.... it wasnt heat, I had monitors going and the heat never increased prior to the shutdown.

I have no explanation. In all my years I've never seen it happen personally. When I originally got it, I couldnt believe that it was exactly timed at 30 minutes. I bet you have a hard time believing it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back