My laptop touchpad is not working properly

My laptop touchpad is not working properly; that is I cannot scroll properly and also have problems with the sensitivity of touch. I downloaded and installed the Synaptic touchpad driver but it is still not functioning very well. Please can someone help me with a solution.
The name of my Laptop is; Compac Presario CQ50-115NR Notebook PC
Thank you.

Go to Start -> control panel -> Hardware and Sound.

Somewhere in there you should find adjustments for the sensitivity.

If this does not work please state your operating system for further help and try it with a USB mouse.

Control Panel>Mouse
Click the Wheel tab, and then do one of the following:

To set the number of lines the screen will scroll for each notch of mouse wheel movement, under Vertical Scrolling, select The following number of lines at a time, and then enter the number of lines you want to scroll in the box.

To scroll an entire screen of text for each notch of the mouse wheel, under Vertical Scrolling, select One screen at a time.

If your mouse has a wheel that supports horizontal scrolling, under Horizontal Scrolling, in the Tilt the wheel to scroll the following number of characters at a time box, enter the number of characters you want to scroll horizontally when you tilt the wheel to the left or right.

Click OK.

Camusing, this is a touchpad with a problem not a mouse:)

But, you are correct about the location for the settings.

Antfortimstony, have you tried the adjustments, let me know what happens.

Mark56, I'm well aware of the subject being Touchpad. Obviously, you aren't familiar with a laptop Control Panel View by:Large Icons or Small icons.

Mark56, I'm well aware of the subject being Touchpad. Obviously, you aren't familiar with a laptop Control Panel View by:Large Icons or Small icons.

Ooops, my mistake, sorry about that. I should not pass comment before checking, another lesson learned, lol.

Back