My monitor is tinted green?

After I had a technician replace my computer's hard drive and cd burner, I started my computer up and everything on the screen was tinted yellow. After messing around with the cords to my monitor and the inside of my computer in an attempt to fix it, the screen went from a yellow tint to a green tint. It's like this for the text and logo on start up, for games, videos, my desktop..almost everything is tinted green. Since this happened right after the technician worked on my computer, I doubt the monitor is dying. It hurts my eyes and makes my computer unplayable. What can I do to fix it?

Try another cable from the monitor to the PC. If you don't have another cable or that does nothing, try the monitor on another PC. See what, if anything, happens.

my cable that is plug from my monitor to my pc is old, so if i move my monitor cable the monitor displays light green colors, try plug and unpluging cables, make sure theya re firlmly inserted.

to make sure your monitor isn't causing problem you can use your monitor menu and reset everything.

hope this solves your problem.

Most likely a damaged monitor cable. I once had a monitor that I had to put a rubber band round the VGA connector and part of the cable to put a kink in it at a certain angle, otherwise everything displayed in a yellow tint. If the monitor cable isn't build into the monitor try another one. This is the most likely explanation for the problem.

It's probably just a coincidence that this happened after the HD and burner replacement, possibly the monitor cable hadn't been moved for a long time until this work was done to the unit. If a new monitor cable doesn't work then you can open the unit and check that the graphics card (unless using onboard graphics on the motherboard) hasn't been moved out of its slot a little. Push down on it and make sure it is firmly in the slot.

Back