My new laptop on win8 crashed and me and some tech buddies cant figure out how to fix

wrcdustin

So im going to try to some it up to just the technical main points cus I really just want to figure out whats going on with it and get it fixed. But I bought a new laptop, with 8, and immediately installed starcraft 2, and diablo 3, with no internet connection if that makes a difference. A couple hours after turning it on for the first time and installing the games I got a win 32 error.

I tried just a reboot and after 20 min or so it would give the error again and I would just restart. I attempted to use a restore to default factory settings/files option for the comp to see if I could get rid of it, it got halfway through and shut off. now I try to turn it on, it gives the manufacturer logo then says attempting auto repair..diagnosing prob...attempting repair, and then cant fix, and now it wont even log onto 8. so I pulled the internal hdd, reformatted it on another comp, put it back in, and tried to boot to an xp cd I still had, and it didnt even bring it up, then I tried to boot to linux vector and it wont bring that up either. it just still has the attempting auto repair screen sequences before it says cant fix, even after I reformatted.

so what could be the problem be and how can I fix it? I hope I didnt kill the drivers when I reformatted the internal hdd?

You've screwed up the OS (operating system) on the hard drive so a Windows 8 installation disk would be helpful. The shop you bought the computer from might help but I wouldn't count on free assistance.

So I need to get a Windows 8 cd and put that back on it? And how did I screw up the os so I don't do it again? Also why will it still only want 8 if I reformatted?

So if I get a win 8 cd it will repair it and do a full reinstall? Would a8 recovery disk work too do you think?

You won't get XP to install because it's so old it won't recognise your hardware. No loss because it's not a worthwhile option for you. Reformatting the drive wiped everything so you burnt your bridges. I'd be looking to do a fresh installation of Windows 8. The next problem is that installation disks for Windows don't come with computers these days - there is usually a hidden restore partition instead. I don't think you will be able to access it now but maybe someone could advise if you give details of your machine.

Computers do need an internet connection to keep Windows and security software updated. When you get it going I'd ask for advice before you do anything else to your computer. The initial problem was probably fairly minor.

Ok that makes sense but then why wouldn't it run Linux vector? And I can just buy an 8 cd, but will that fix it if it wouldn't run a newer Linux?

I don't know the answer but if you are into games Linux isn't going to be any substitute for running Windows. My suggestion is that you concentrate on finding out how best to reinstall Windows 8.

Back