My new PC build overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik11105

Hello,
I have finished my first build and i ecided to selll it to my friend so now i am building a new one here is the spec:

i7 920 DO
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3r
Corsair h50
Lancool Dragonlord pck-62
3x2 GB kit of OCZ 1333MHZ Ram(two of those)
WD 1TB Caviar black sata III
HIS hd 5870
Thermaltake 650W Evo Blue Modular PSU
(mabey)Corsair Reactor 60GB SSD

Getting periphrals seperatly
plz tell me wat you think

I don't know why, but I see Thermaltake as a cheapo brand, no matter how expensive their crap is.

Also, 12GB of RAM is overkill, unless you're doing something RAM intensive.

Not a big fan of Corsair water-cooling. A high-end aircooling system may perform comparably, with less risk and upkeep.

I bought a couple of Corsair Novas, and chose them over the Reactor mostly because I trust the Indilinx controller better.

Agree with CMH, 12GB RAM is a waste of money, even if you were doing something RAM intensive you would get better all round results by spending the money on an SSD.

Dunno about the Corsair H50, from what I've heard it's quite noisy and results aren't much greater than air coolers.

Also you may want to consider a motherboard with some USB 3.0 ports, they're not much more expensive than normal ones.

I have 12 gigs of ram and I rarily use above 8. That took burning two blurays simultaneously while encoding a hd movie, firefox with about 20 tabs open and playing an mmo. Stop at 6 unless you really need it.

Wow.... using 8 gigs.....

Got 4 gigs at the moment, and won't be looking at getting more for a long while.

As far as Sata 3 is concerned, don't bother unless you're going for high-end SSDs. The corsair Reactor/Nova is only Sata 2, but I suppose its good to have if you will upgrade later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back