1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

My newly built pc won’t give a signal on the monitor

By Moxley
Aug 16, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. I have built a pc today and everything is fine and running but when I plug it into a monitor it just won’t give any signal.
    The fans are all working, there are no beeps or anything, I am pretty sure the display port cable is working, and the monitor is also working.

the specs:
    Motherboard: msi b450 ac carbon
    Ram: 16 gbs 3200 mhz
    Graphics card: asus nvidia rtx 2060 oc edition
    Processor: and Ryzen 7 2700
    Power supply: 700 watts

If anyone can help me it would be really appreciated. Thanks

ps: the remote control for the case fans is not working either, I tried changing the battery with a new one but it still won’t work

2. Colby Deane

Colby Deane TS Booster Posts: 42   +11

Reset the CMOS. And if you can.. try a video card that you know works - if that doesn't work, if you have some compatible ram that you know works, stick with the verified working video card, try the good module alone, slot by slot.. if that doesn't work, verify the condition of the CPU pins.. if everything is good there, probably the board. (Also I'm guessing that it does, but you could check if it's an early version of the board that doesn't support zen+ (default BIOS), not sure if that has been an issue or not..)

3. Colby Deane

Colby Deane TS Booster Posts: 42   +11

Also could try HDMI connection.. or any other connection from the card..

4. Aus spot

Aus spot TS Enthusiast Posts: 47   +27

Have you tried changing the settings on the monitor to the correct input? Simple things before resetting cmos.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...